There have been a few changes made to Walt Disney World vacation packages booked for 2016. Rates will be available as of today, June 22, 2015. They have removed many of the discounts included in your package, changed the discount amount on Splitsville and Planet Hollywood and enhanced the miniature golf extra. They have also added admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports. To me, the ESPN Wide World of Sports admission vouchers are a useless extra – unless there is something going on at the complex during your stay I don’t see any reason to visit. There has been no mention yet, but I wonder if there will also be black-out dates associated with the ESPN vouchers as well. Also included are new policies. The most important of these policy changes is final payment due on packages has been changed from 45 days prior to arrival to 30 days prior to arrival, as well as deposit changes – $200 will hold your package only (resort, passes, dining plan). All “supplier fees” must be paid in full at time of booking – i.e., Travel insurance must be paid in full at time of booking, as well as air fare booked.
- Enhanced! Miniature Golf now includes four vouchers per package (instead of two), each valid for one round of miniature golf prior to 4:00 p.m. on one day at either Disney’s Fantasia Gardens or Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course.
- New! Four vouchers per package to ESPN Wide World of Sports, each valid for one general admission into ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex on one day for one Guest.
- Discount on the price of bowling at Splitsville Luxury Lanes™ is now 10% instead of 20% and the 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Monday – Friday restrictions have been removed.
- Dining discount at Planet Hollywood® is now 15% instead of $15.00.
- Arcade Game Card
- Bongos Cuban Cafe® dining discount
- Children’s Activity Center discount
- Disney Tours discount
- DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park two (2) vouchers
- Fulton’s Crab House dining discount
- Horseback Trail Rides discount
- Guided Bass Fishing Excursion or Bass Nitro Fishing Excursion discount
- Paradiso 37 dining discount
- Spa Treatments or Salon Services discount
- Walt Disney World marinas discounts
Updated Policies for Packages to Walt Disney World® Resort:
- Reservations can be booked up to one (1) business day prior to arrival online and by phone. This change is effective for all travel booked beginning 6/22/15 and applies to 2015 and 2016 Packages.
- Reservations can be confirmed with a $200.00 deposit plus applicable supplier fees up to 31 days prior to arrival. Full payment due for all bookings made within 30 days of arrival. Supplier fees include air fare and travel insurance – both to be paid in full at time of booking.
- Final payments must be made at least 30 days prior to arrival – a change from the 45 days prior to arrival due date.
- There will be no fees for package changes or cancellations made 31 or more days prior to arrival. (Additional options included with the package may be subject to supplier fees for cancellations or modifications).
If you are interested in receiving a quote for 2016 or booking a package, I am a certified Disney Travel Specialist and work as an independent Travel Agent for Destinations to Explore Travel (also known as Destinations in Florida Travel), a Disney “EARmarked” agency.
I am a Graduate of Disney’s College of Knowledge, The Orlando Travel Academy, Hyatt Hotels Travel Academy, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Specialist Program, SELL Family Travel Program. Although I can help you with all of your travel needs, I specialize in Disney (WDW, DL, DCL, etc.) and the Orlando area.
My services are free and I am happy to offer a free, no-obligation quote. I will monitor your bookings for any discounts that are announced after booking to apply to your reservation to save you money.
You can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org