With the official name change of Downtown Disney to Disney Springs and the opening of Morimoto Asia restaurant yesterday, Disney has set the stage for what will be a banner year in new restaurants and shops coming to Disney Springs in 2016. Disney Springs will continue to expand and transform as new dining and shopping locations debut at the re-imagined Walt Disney World Resort destination in 2016.
The lively shopping, dining and entertainment district treats guests by day and night to a one-of-a-kind Disney experience amid beautiful open-air promenades, flowing springs and waterfront charm. Disney Springs will include four distinct, outdoor neighborhoods with a diverse mix of retailers – including premium, affordable luxury and fast fashion options. Sophisticated restaurants will provide experiences for families and convention-guests alike.
The new offerings are part of an expansion that – when Disney Springs is fully completed in 2016 — will double the number of shopping, dining and entertainment venues from the current 70 to nearly 150.
New dining locations opening in 2016:
- STK – The ONE Group Hospitality, Inc., known for developing upscale, high-energy restaurants, is opening STK, a modern steakhouse mixed with the ambiance of a sleek lounge and emphasizing a social and fun environment. The vibrant, lively scene will offer guests fine dining, signature cocktails, and a DJ playing eclectic music nightly. It will be one of the largest STK locations in the world, occupying 14,000 square feet in a two-story building, including a main level and the only rooftop-dining venue in Disney Springs. STK is expected to open in The Landing at Disney Springs in 2016.
- The Edison – A lavish “Industrial Gothic”-style restaurant, bar and nighttime destination that will feature exceptional classic American food, artisanal craft cocktails and unparalleled live entertainment. Similar to its sister location on the west coast, The Edison at Disney Springs will be dedicated to a resurgence of old-world style, sophistication and romance. Themed to a 1920s-period electric company, the space will recall an exuberant era of invention and imagination. With 35-foot ceilings and a range of themed areas to explore, The Edison will feature nightly entertainment including contortionists, palm readers, DJs and more.
- Sprinkles: The world’s first cupcake bakery, as named by Food Network and others, will serve up handcrafted cupcakes, slow churned ice cream and homemade cookies. Their innovative Cupcake ATM will satisfy sweet-toothed epicureans 24/7.
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza: Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza is a modern day “pizza joint” known for its custom-built artisanal pizzas, freshly made salads, blood orange lemonade and s’more pies. The fast-casual restaurant will feature an interactive assembly-line format that allows guests to customize their pizza, choosing from over 40 fresh, artisanal toppings – all for one price. The generously sized, 11-inch pizzas will be “fast-fired” in a blazing hot open-flame oven and ready to enjoy in just 180 seconds.
New retail locations opening in 2016:
- Zara– Owned by the Inditex Group, Zara is one of the world’s largest fashion retail groups. The retailer is known for its men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories, and how it expertly interprets current fashion and style trends of the season, delivering original designs to the consumer in a matter of weeks.
- Tommy Bahama– Iconic island lifestyle brand Tommy Bahama embodies relaxed sophistication. The hallmarks of this casual collection include island-inspired sportswear, denim, and swimwear for men and women in luxuriously soft silks and cottons, richly woven textures and eclectic prints.
- Lilly Pulitzer –The authentic American resort wear brand, Lilly Pulitzer, is landing in the heart of Disney and will be offering their clothing and accessories, optimistic outlook, and happy prints to those who’ve loved the brand for years and new Lilly Girls out there.
- UNIQLO –Leading global retailer UNIQLO designs, manufactures, and sells casual apparel that comes from the company’s Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity. The simplest design hides the most thoughtful details in clothing that is constantly being innovated to bring more warmth and lightness, better design and comfort to people’s lives.
- PANDORA –Building on its existing relationship with Disney Parks, the popular jewelry brand will offer classic yet modern charm bracelets, along with necklaces, rings and earrings, as well as a line of exclusive Disney-themed jewelry.
- UGG –The UGG® brand is recognized as a premium lifestyle brand offering men’s, women’s and kid’s footwear as well as loungewear, outerwear, home products, cold weather accessories and handbags.
- L’Occitane en Provence –L’Occitane en Provence is an international skincare and beauty line celebrating the culture and beauty of Provence, France.
- Edward Beiner: A leading eyewear designer, purveyor and retailer, Edward Beiner offers today’s aspiring lifestyle-oriented customer the world’s most original, authentic and innovative designer, fashion and high performance eyewear.
Re-imagined dining coming in 2016:
- Planet Hollywood –Transforming its flagship venue, Planet Hollywood will become a star-themed Planet Hollywood Observatory to match the look and feel of Disney Springs. As part of the makeover, the venue will add a new outdoor terrace and bar space called Stargazers and feature live entertainment.