The following information regarding closings and refurbishments at Walt Disney World Resort is accurate as of January 4, 2017. The information is subject to change without notice.
Monorail – The Walt Disney World Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form or transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available – through February 28, 2017
- The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour – January 1 through February 28
- Liberty Square Riverboat – January 3 through January 12
- Walt Disney World Railroad – January 9 through March 2
- Hall of Presidents – January 17 through June 29
- Infrastructure Work that began September 28, 2016 will continue through February 20
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- On-going construction of new lands/areas
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kali River Rapids – January 3 through February 13
- On-going construction of new lands/areas
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
- Closed for annual refurbishment December 25, 2016 through March 11, 2017
Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
- Fantasia Pool – February 6 through February 10
Disney’s All Star Music Resort
- Piano Pool – December 12, 2016 through February 3, 2017. During this time guests may use the Calypso Pool located near Melody Hall.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Soft Goods Refurbishments will continued throughout January, 2017. All work is being conducted between the house of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Guests may see or hear work in progress.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Stormalong Bay Pool Slide – pool will remain open. Refurbishment is on slide only. January 30 to February 10
- Tidal Pool – February 20 through February 22
Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
- Garden Pool – February 13 through February 15
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Community Hall Pool – February 27 through March 1
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Trinidad South Village Pool – January 6 to March 16
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Hard Goods Refurbishment – on-going – Guests may see or hear construction taking place, or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the resort. To minimize any possible disruptions, all work with the most potential for noise will be limited each day between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Sandcastle Pool – January 2 through February 24. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller’s Road will remain available.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Hippy Dippy Pool – January 13 through January 20. During this time guests may use the Computer or Bowling pools
- Room refurbishments will begin in February. 2017. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, Disney will attempt to limit work to 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter
- Doubloon Lagoon Pool – January 9 through January 13
Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside
- Magnolia Bend Pool – January 23 through January 25
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- Congress Park Pool – January 30 through February 2
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Throughout 2017, due to extensive refurbishment projects, guests will very likely see and hear construction work in various areas throughout their stay. To minimize disruptions, Disney will attempt to limit work until after 9 a.m. At this time, many popular areas will remained closed – including the Hidden Springs Pool (the leisure pool at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), beach, marina, playground and more. In addition, certain pathways, like our nature trail, will be unavailable, and surrounding views may be altered. However, the recently renovated Silver Creek Springs Pool will remain open and boat transportation to Magic Kingdom park will continue to be offered.
- Cub’s Den Children’s Activity Center will be unavailable throughout 2017.
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Beginning January 2017 – room refurbishments. During this time, guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, Disney will attempt to limit work to 9 a.m. through 5 p.m.
- Admiral Pool – February 22 through February 24
- Planet Hollywood will reopen early in 2017
- Fulton’s Crab House will reopen as Paddlefish in early 2017
- Characters in Flight will be closed for refurbishment January 9 to January 13