We all have a favorite Walt Disney World snack. You know – that snack that you can’t go home from WDW unless you have it at least once! We love the Churros – so when I saw that the Disney Parks Blog recently published the recipe to make these treats at home, I was thrilled. They are easy to make and are delicious but I’m not sure it’s really the same as the feeling you get eating them at Walt Disney World!
There are several spots where you can get churros in Walt Disney World (my favorite are the ones at Peco Bills!):
In Epcot, head over to the Mexican Pavilion where you can get Churritos with chocolate and caramel syrup at San Angel Inn Restaurante as well as La Hacienda de San Angel. Churros with caramel dipping sauce can also be found at La Cantina de San Angel.
In the Magic Kingdom Park, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe has a churro treat perfect for snacking on while waiting for the parade go by! Available year-round, the cinnamon sugar churro bites come with a chocolate dipping sauce. Or try the Cookies ‘N Cream Churros at Tortuga Tavern.
If you like fondue, you can get churro fondue at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs. These house-made churros come with a chocolate hazelnut sauce and vanilla ice cream.
WDW Churro Recipe
Check out the recipe and the recipe video below to learn how to make some delicious homemade churro tots.
- 1 cup of water
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- Cinnamon/Sugar Mix
- 1 ½ cup oil
1. Combine 1 cup water, 4oz butter, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp cinnamon in a pot over medium heat
2. Bring pot to a rolling boil
3. Add 1 ¼ cups flour
4. Reduce heat to low
5. Stir vigorously until the mix forms a ball
6. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min
7. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined
8. In a skillet, heat 1 ½ cups of oil to 350o and stir
9. Spoon rested dough into a piping bag
10. Squeeze 1-inch strips into hot oil
11. Fry churro tots until golden
12. Drain churro tots on a paper towel
13. Coat in cinnamon/sugar mix
14. Serve with melted chocolate sauce