Foodie Friday: Watermelon Blackberry Mojito Smoothie
I have never met anyone that doesn’t enjoy a good slice of watermelon. My family loves it and waits for it to come into season every year. I am always on the look out for a new fresh watermelon recipe and this one is ideal! This is a perfect treat for sitting on the porch with friends! It’s easy to make and refreshing. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- ½ cup Sliced Watermelon
- ½ cup Frozen Blackberries
- .75 oz. (half shot) Rum (full shot, 1.5 oz., if you are feeling frisky)
- 3 oz. (two shots) Jordan’s Skinny Mixes ‘Mojito’ Mix
- Small Handful Fresh Mint
- Double Jigger
- Wooden Muddler
- Using a wooden muddler (or your fingers) push down on mint and continue to press out flavor. Add to blender. Note: I recommend using NutriBullet, but any blender will work fine.
- Add watermelon and frozen blackberries to blender.
- If you have a jigger, use to measure rum and mojito mix. Otherwise, use typical measuring tools. Add rum and mojito mix to blend.
- Blend for approximately 60 to 90 seconds.
- Do not strain. Pour into glass.
- Garnish with fresh mint, sliced watermelon, and whole blackberry.
- Serve immediately.