Universal Orlando Resort is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to visit in Orlando! For years I only visited those parks run by our favorite mouse, but in the last couple of years I’ve been making it a point to spend some of my time at Universal. The more I visit – the more I love it!
All the Parts of Universal
- Universal Studios Florida – Lots of rides and lots of adventure. Dodge evil villains. Defend the earth. Face a fire-breathing dragon. In this theme park, the movies come to life right before your eyes!
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure – Super heroes and magical creates!
- Universal’s Volcano Bay – This is the BEST water park in Orlando!
- Universal CityWalk – Dining and entertainment at it’s best!
Children Under Three Get In Free – Single or double strollers are available for rent upon entering Universal Studios Florida
Sit Out, Then Swap – If your children are too small or don’t want to go on a particular ride that you’d like to experience, you can take advantage of the “child swap” program. Each ride and attraction has a child swap area where one member of your party can wait with the little ones while the rest of your party rides.
Universal Rider Guide
All the Resorts of Universal
The resorts at Universal Orlando make it easy to get to the parks and CityWalk. You can enter the parks an hour before all other guests. When staying at some of the resorts, you can skip the regular lines at most popular attractions with FREE Universal Express Unlimited to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, including The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
There’s a Universal hotel for every style and budget.
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel – Celebrate the sweet life. Enjoy the beauty, charm and romance of a luxurious escape inspired by the famed seaside village of Portofino, Italy. Tasty outdoor cafes and a serene harbor invite you to explore the colorful piazza. Three amazing pools offer different ways to relax. Incredible restaurants let you savor a deliciously delightful culinary tour of Italy.
- Hard Rock Hotel – The coolest hotel on the planet. Live like a rock star and savor the perks of rock and roll royalty with impeccable accommodations, laid-back luxurious style and show-stopping service.
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort – Experience a luxurious South Seas escape that perfectly combines tropical splendor and exceptional amenities. A sparkling lagoon-style pool surrounded by a white sand beach and swaying palms invites you to escape. Savor the culinary creations of a celebrity chef. Celebrate with a classic luau. Unwind with a one-of-a-kind dining adventure featuring locally brewed beers.
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – Step into paradise in the heart of the tropics. Blue waterfalls cascade over lush grounds and in the distance, calming sounds of steel drums call you to take in the scenic views, ease into island time and let go. Amid the ruins, passageways and pools you’ll find numerous Caribbean-themed dining options.
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort – Vibrant, retro style rooms and suites brilliantly designed for fun and affordability. Relax with a splash, surrounded by amazing iconic architecture inspired by classic Florida beach resorts of the 1950’s and 60’s. Two massive pools, a winding lazy river, a bowling alley and more.
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel – Opening August 2018, this will be the modern and stylish place to stay. Spacious open areas will invite conversation and engagement while the 600 rooms reflect a clean, contemporary style.
Each of the on-site resort hotels at Universal Orlando Resort has a supervised children’s activity center where kids can be dropped off in a safe, monitored environment while Mom and Dad enjoy a few hours out. An activity center is open every evening and offers movies, games, arts and crafts, and more for children ages 4–14. Please note that this service is only available to on-site hotel guests. There is a fee and advance reservations are suggested.
All Universal Orlando on-site hotels comply with accessibility requirements to ensure specially equipped guest rooms are available. Restaurants are wheelchair accessible, and all accessible guest room entrances include room numbers in Braille. Trained service animals are welcome.
All About Dining
There are approximately 125 restaurants so there is something for every sort of eater! Dining plans offer different options, including full service or quick service – character dining – fine dining. No one goes hungry at Universal Orlando!
Annual Universal Events
- A Celebration of Harry Potter
- Mardi Gras (Universal Studios) Feb. 3 – April 7, 2018
- Rock the Universe (Universal Studios)
- Halloween Horror Nights 28 (Universal Studios)
- Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort
- Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s (Universal Studios)
- Mannheim Steamroller (Universal Studios)