Last week I shared all that will be coming to Walt Disney World in 2018 and if you plan on heading to Orlando, plan to visit Universal Orlando too! Universal has a long list of great things happening this year that those of you that love Universal will be on pins and needles waiting for.
From grand openings to upcoming announcements, here’s a quick look ahead at what you can expect from Universal Orlando Resort in 2018.
- Opening in the Spring of 2018 – Fast & Furious – Supercharged
- Opening in August of 2018 – Universal’s Aventura Hotel
- Special Events – A Celebration of Harry Potter – Mardi Gras – Halloween Horror Nights 2018 and Holiday Celebrations starting Mid-November
- A new ride replacing Dragon Challenge in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
- An additional projection mapping experience at Hogwarts castle
- Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular being replaced
- Something new going in where Terminator 2: 3D was
- A new venue coming to Universal CityWalk where Element was
- The expanding hotel collection
- The continued global expansion of Universal’s partnership with Nintendo. The park in Japan has already broken ground on Super Mario World!
The newest Universal resort, Aventura Hotel, will the the sixth property and as of now, plans have the opening scheduled for August. You can already book a room and start thinking and dreaming about the views out your floor-to-ceiling windows, or a cocktail in the rooftop bar. The hotel will be 17 stories and offer striking views of all the Universal theme parks! I can’t wait!
Fast & Furious – Supercharged will give you the ride of your life! The attraction will put you right in a chase scene with cars and props from the movie!
And . . . don’t forget the recently started Marvel Character dinner! Located in Cafe 4 in Marvel Super Hero Island at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, this dinner buffet features Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm and Rogue. Each character comes to your table to sign autographs and take photos, so start practicing your superhero pose!
It looks like Orlando will definitely be the place to visit in 2018!