VisitOrlando.com offers some of the best information about things to do in the Orlando area without ever stepping foot in a theme park. Here is their “Top Ten Things to do on Spring Break” list:
1. Trade your snow boots for flip flops and head to Orlando’s world-famous water parks, offering refreshing excitement for guests of all ages:Aquatica – SeaWorld’s Waterpark, Disney’s Blizzard Beach, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Wet ‘n Wild – Orlando.
2. Catch the ultimate indoor wave at Fantasy Surf, an interactive water sport activity combining the look of surfing, the ride of snowboarding and the tricks of skateboarding all in one.
3. Catch an Atlanta Braves Spring Training game at ESPN Wide World of Sports through the end of March.
6. Hit a hole in one at one of Orlando’s celebrity-designed golf courses at Waldorf Astoria Golf Club and Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge. Be sure to check out the Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by MasterCard at Bay Hill March 21-27 if you’re in town!
7. Celebrate Mardi Gras at Universal Studios Florida Saturdays and select nights through May 31 with top-name music acts, authentic Cajun cuisine, thousands of beads and a colorful parade.
8. Welcome spring at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festivaland enjoy elaborate gardens, helpful seminars and nightly musical entertainment.
9. Spice up your visit with Viva la Musica at SeaWorld Orlando as Latin culture is celebrated through music, dance, crafts, food and concerts.
10. Catch up on some R&R at Orlando’s most notable spas, including The Spa at Shingle Creek and The Spa at Hilton Orlando, both located near International Drive. In addition to a wealth of spa services for adults, The Ritz-Carlton Spa at Grande Lakes Orlando offers kid and teen-friendly services, including princess fizzing manicures and pedicures.
Let Visit Orlando make planning your vacation even more fun. Request a free Orlando Vacation Planning Kit.