I love La Nouba at Downtown Disney – really I do! But…when Disney announced last week the new VIP La Nouba L’Experience the first thought that crossed my mind was “Are they nuts?” I have been to La Nouba several times. Each time, a $104 ticket gets me an upfront seat. I have also been once or twice with a middle of the road ticket for $74. Disney has now come up with another new package. This package for La Nouba is $250 per person. So for a family of 4 – $1,000. For your $250 this is what you will get:
- Reserved seats in the best part of the theater – front and center
- You will be greeted by a Cirque Usher who will escort you to your seats
- Popcorn and soft drinks
- A gift bag of Cirque du Soleil merchandise
- A 10% coupon for the The Cirque Boutique
- You will get to stand on stage and get the view that performers get
- You will get a look at the backstage area
- You will get a peek at the La Nouba costuming department
- You will have the chance to meet one of the performers
Call me crazy – but this is definitely not something I would spend $1,000 for my family to do, and I don’t see this package being a sell out. I could be wrong. Maybe there a lots of people out there willing to drop this kind of money for their family but what you get for the cost surely doesn’t impress me enough to spend that much money! We can see the show in middle of the road seats for around $300 and have $700 left over!
If you are willing to spend this kind of money, the L’Experience is being offered on Friday and Saturday evenings at the 6 p.m. show only. You can make reservations by calling the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-7328.