There is no denying the fact that I’m a beer lover – and part of the enjoyment I get from visiting Epcot®, are the different variety of beers I get to sample. I was recently introduced to the Florida Beer Company during a media event Disney held on opening weekend of this year’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
The Florida Beer Company created Feast of Flowers Farmhouse Ale as an exclusive beer for the festival. Although it was early in the day (before noon), one of the first things I wanted to try was this exclusive ale. If it was after lunch, I might have had more than one since I really enjoyed the very slight hint of flower in the taste but had to refrain. I did, however, purchase one or two later that evening as I walked around Epcot enjoying the beginnings of the Flower and Garden Festival. I was excited to see this ale on their list of available beers!
The Florida Beer Company was founded in 1997 and is located in Cape Canaveral, and is Florida’s leading craft brewery. The brewery is minutes away from the cruise terminals at Port Canaveral and easily accessible by a short bus or taxi ride. The brewery has a visitor center/tap room that provides an opportunity to see the operation of the brewery. They produce 28 different styles of Ales, Lagers and Ciders. Visitors can find 12 to 14 different products available in the tasting room. Private tours of the plant are available by special arrangement. Plant tours require proper dress – no open toe shoes or high heels, safety glasses must be worn. 16 and older only in plant. Children are welcome accompanied by parent, 21 and older to drink or purchase beer and cider – photo ID is required. Doesn’t this sound like a great rainy day activity in Florida?!
Location: 200 Imperial Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. Phone: (321) 728-4114; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation: Monday to Saturday: Noon to 8:00 p.m.; Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- SWAMP APE – Double India Pale Ale
- FLORIDA BEER GASPAR’S PORTER – Robust Porter
- DEVIL’S TRIANGLE – Southern American India Pale Ale
- KEY WEST SUNSET ALE – Amber Ale
- KEY WEST/SOUTHERNMOST WHEAT – Belgian Style Wit
- 3 2 1 – Wheat India Pale Ale
- FLORIDA STOUT – Sweet Oatmeal Stout
- HURRICANE REEF PALE ALE – American Pale Ale
- FEAST OF FLOWERS – Farmhouse Ale
- SUNSHINE STATE PILS – Northern German Style Pilsner
- FLORIDA LAGER – American Amber Lager/Ybor Gold/Vienna Lager
- FLORIDA BEER RED LAGER – Red Lager
- HURRICANE REEF CARIBBEAN PILSNER – Pilsner
- CONCHTOBERFEST – German-Style Marzen Lager
HAND CRAFTED CIDERS – * Gluten free option
- KELLY’S HARD CIDER – Available in traditional apple and raspberry/Hard Cider