Seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels at the
Walt Disney World® Resort In Central Florida
Offering Special “Teacher Appreciation Rates” May-September
Special Rates Provide A Great Way To Take In Such Events As The Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival and Sounds Like Summer Concert Series at Epcot®, & To Experience the New Offerings at the Significantly Expanded Disney Springs™
In recognition of teachers and school support staff, the seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels in the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida are offering “Teacher Appreciation Rates.” Available to preschool, daycare, kindergarten – college teachers and support staff in the U.S. and Canada, for stays May 5-September 30, 2016, the special rates provide the opportunity to take in the many exceptional special events that are happening at the Walt Disney World® Resort this spring and summer. This includes the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival, the 2016 Garden Rocks™ Concert Series at Epcot®, and the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series at Epcot®. In addition, you can experience the many new offerings at the significantly expanded and enhanced Disney Springs, formerly known as the Downtown Disney area. When work is completed in mid-2016, Disney Springs will have expanded to more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Other new offerings in the Walt Disney World® Resort include the terrific new Star Wars™ Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.
Featuring an ideal location in the Walt Disney World® Resort, the seven Disney SpringsTM Resort Area Hotels are within an easy walk to Disney Springs™. Inspired by Florida’s charming waterfront towns, historic architecture and natural beauty, Disney Springs™ features four distinct outdoor neighborhoods, with a high-quality, diverse mix of retailers, entertainment, upscale restaurants, and casual dining options.
In addition to featuring an ideal location at an outstanding value, the seven hotels also provide shuttle transportation every 30 minutes to all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, two water parks, and to the Disney Springs™ area, which is home to La Nouba™ by Cirque du Soleil® featuring two new acts in 2016.
Plus, as a bonus, guests at these hotels also receive the “2016 Disney Springs™ Passport” booklet that features exclusive discounts and specials from Disney SpringsTM merchants on entertainment, shopping and dining. Among the coupons featured in the booklet are discounts at Splitsville Luxury Lanes™, House of Blues® Restaurant, and Ghirardelli® Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop.
The Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels’ “Teacher Appreciation Rates” for stays May 5-September 30, 2016 are:
- B Resort & Spa – rates from $89 per room, per night
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – rates from $79 per room, per night
- Buena Vista Palace – rates from $89 per room, per night
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Orlando Lake Buena Vista — rates from $109 per suite, per night
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – rates from $99 per room, per night
- Holiday Inn located in the Walt Disney World® Resort – rates from $99 per room, per night
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista – rates from $59 per room, per night.
For more information on the special hotel rates, or to make a reservation, visit the new website DisneySpringsHotels.com , specifically http://disneyspringshotels.com/special-offers/limited-offers/teacher-appreciation/ (or http://bit.ly/DSteach). The “Teacher Appreciation Rates” apply to Preschool, Daycare, Kindergarten – College teachers and support staff in the U.S. and Canada. The special rates are available for stays May 5-September 30, 2016, based on availability. Some blackout dates may apply, and availability may be limited. The rates do not include the Resort Services Fee or daily parking fee (if applicable), taxes or gratuities. The offer is not valid with any other special offers, promotions, existing reservations, or for groups. All teachers and school support staff must show proof of employment upon check-in.
Visiting provides the opportunity to take in such special events as:
- Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival – running until May 30, 2016 at Epcot®
- 2016 Garden RocksTM Concert Series – weekends through May 30, 2016 at Epcot®
- The Invictus Games – May 8-12, 2016 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (in the Walt Disney World® Resort)
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series – June 5-July 23, 2016 at Epcot®
- Disney Night of Joy – Sept. 9-10, 2016 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Entertainment scheduled for the 2016 Garden Rocks™ Concert Series includes Gin Blossoms; Darlene Love; Night Ranger; and The Spinners.
Other benefits of staying at one of the seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels include:
- The ability to purchase Disney theme park admissions at each hotel
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World® Resort golf courses
- Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
- The ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World® Resort.
“We are offering the ‘Teacher Appreciation Rates’ to recognize all that teachers do throughout the year,” said Mike Rezmer, chairperson of the Disney SpringsTM Resort Area Hotels’ marketing committee. “With the wonderful special events at the Walt Disney World® Resort this spring and summer, and the many new offerings, it is a great time to visit.”
The reimagined Disney Springs™ overflows with the sights, sounds and flavors that come together in a beautiful outdoor environment with a charming waterfront setting. Set amid beautiful open-air promenades and bubbling springs, this vibrant destination features four distinct outdoor neighborhoods: The Landing, Town Center, Marketplace, and West Side.
Well underway in its transformation, Disney Springs™ already has many new offerings that are open, including the upscale nautically-themed waterfront restaurant The Boathouse, the elegant Morimoto Asia restaurant (specializing in pan-Asian cuisine, from Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto), the Indiana Jones-themed Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, The Ganachery chocolate shop, Vivoli Il Gelato (serving Italian gelato and more, like its famous sister shop in Florence, Italy),Dockside Margaritas, Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (which specializes in gluten-free and vegan baked goods), and an expanded World of Disney store.
Also recently opened is Exposition Park, the home to four Disney-owned food trucks, with delicious offerings from each of the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. Plus, there is a new five-level parking garage with 4,000 spaces, and the new Village Causeway which provides guests another path of travel through the area. Plus, a pedestrian bridge from the Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels to the Disney Springs™ area opened in November 2015, making it even easier for guests.
Other new high-profile dining tenants announced for Disney Springs™ include STK modern steakhouse restaurant; The Edison (a 1920’s-themed restaurant, bar, and club); Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine farm-to-fork restaurant by Celebrity Chef Art Smith; renowned Chef Rick Bayless’ Frontera Fresco restaurant, specializing in authentic Mexican cuisine; Sprinkles (cupcake bakery); and Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza (offering custom pizzas). Also, Planet Hollywood® is being renovated and made over as a star-themed Planet Hollywood Observatory.
Almost a dozen shops also have recently opened, including Star Wars Galactic Outpost, Chapel Hats, Havaianas sandals store, Sanuk (home of unique footwear), Sound Lion, and men’s grooming store The Art of Shaving. New high-profile fashion retail tenants announced include Zara, Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, UNIQLO, UGG, and PANDORA.
Additional dining offerings open at Disney Springs™ include: Rainforest Café®, T-Rex Café™, House of Blues®Restaurant, Splitsville Luxury Lanes™, Bongo’s Cuban Café™, and Ghirardelli® Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop.
Among the many other offerings open at Disney Springs™ are: AMC Movies at Disney Springs 24, The Art of Disney, The LEGO® Store, Build-A-Dino® by Build-A-Bear Workshop®, Disney Design-A-Tee, Disney’s Candy Cauldron, Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories, House of Blues® (live entertainment venue), Once Upon a Toy, Orlando Harley-Davidson (apparel and accessories), Steve Baker Caricatures, Pearl Factory, Starbucks® at Disney Springs Marketplace, and Shop for Ireland.
Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels (DisneySpringsHotels.com) is a consortium of seven Official Walt Disney World® Hotels that includes:
- B Resort & Spa — the stylish resort opened in June 2014 with 394 newly renovated guest rooms, the full-service B Indulged® AVEDA Spa, and features the new American Kitchen Bar & Grill
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – the 18-story, 325-room resort overlooks scenic Lake Buena Vista and the Walt Disney World® Resort, and offers two restaurants, lounge, and wireless internet
- Buena Vista Palace — situated on 27 lush acres, the 27-story contemporary hotel is just steps from the Disney SpringsTM area, and features a Character Breakfast every Sunday, sports grill and grab-and-go market
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Orlando Lake Buena Vista — the luxurious and newly renovated resort hotel features 229 spacious suites, and is the only all-suite resort hotel in the Disney SpringsTM Resort Area
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista — just steps from Disney SpringsTM, the resort offers two pools, a Disney Character Breakfast each Sunday, seven restaurants and lounges (including Benihana® Steakhouse), and 24-hour fitness center
- Holiday Inn located in the Walt Disney World® Resort — offers the ideal setting to stay, meet and play, featuring modern Florida décor and no resort fees
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista — featuring Disney Character Breakfast 3 days a week, 394 comfortable guest rooms, six dining options, and the Oasis Aquatic Pool Playground with interactive water features.
With nearly 30 food and beverage outlets and restaurants, over 3,700 rooms and an array of amenities, the Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels offer a rate, space and menu to please every guest. Located in the heart of the Disney Springs™ area, these properties are within walking distance of exceptional shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Visit DisneySpringsHotels.com.