Weird thing, I don’t normally LOVE to shop at home, I’m more like a dude; you know run in, grab it and bolt, which drives my 17 year old daughter CRAZY. But when it comes to Disney souvenirs; it’s an entirely different story, I L-O-V-E to shop, almost too much my hubby exclaims! I’m kind of weird though, I don’t really feel its Disney unless I buy it at a Disney Park, which is great for Disney, but BAD on my pocketbook. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll buy something Disneyish at Target or Old Navy; but it doesn’t hold the same meaning as the souvenirs I buy while visiting Disney, probably because I’ve attached a Disney memory to it. As a person who enjoys shopping at Disney Parks, here are my go-to locations for my favorite Disney souvenir at Walt Disney World Resort:
My favorite souvenirs:
- Disney Flatware~ Bayview Gifts located in the Contemporary Resort
- My beloved Disney Dooney & Bourke purses~ Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney in World of Disney (it has everything).
- Disney Jewelry~ Mickey necklaces, earrings and unique items like my daughters Cinderella Glass Slipper with her name engraved. Arribas Bros. is the perfect spot for specialty engraved and hand-blown glass items. It’s located at Downtown Disney Marketplace.
- Mickey Head Camera bag purchased at the Polynesian Village Resort
- The Kingdom Keepers book series my son just adores located at Downtown Disney Marketplace in Wonderful World of Memories.
I’ve also bought:
- Laptop bags
- Cellphone cases
- Christmas Ornaments
- Golf Hats for my hubby
- Oakley & Ray Ban Sunglasses
Shopping around World Showcase never disappoints, there’s something for everyone:
- China~ Good Fortune Gifts~ I enjoy buying the Lucky Cats/Owls that are thought to bring good luck, health & fortune, etc. I bought every color of both and bought them for my parents too, so far so good.
- Norway~ The Puffin’s Roost~ I love their tennis shoes, clothes and outerwear, especially the Helly Hansen vests and jackets.
- Morocco~ The Brass Bazaar has great incenses and henna “tats” for my teenagers.
- Paris~ Perfume is a great souvenir while visiting France or try Souvenirs de France, I bought my daughter a light up Eiffel Tower.
- Japan~ Mitsukoshi Department Store for my Hi-Chew candy and Japanese gum~ yum.
- I really treasure any souvenir that dons the Walt Disney World Resort logo, so I can pretend I’m at Walt Disney World Resort year-round.
My favorite ALL-TIME Disney Souvenir:
My 40th Anniversary Disney Dooney & Bourke Purse from Uptown Jeweler on Main Street, U.S.A. located in Magic Kingdom Park. I have a few Disney Dooney’s, but it’s by far my favorite.
I look forward to hearing about your favorite Disney Parks souvenir! See ya real soon*@* Recently published on http://www.disneygals.com/.