As with all 3D or 4D performances, on your way into the theater you pick up a pair of special glasses.
When I first entered the theater, I was a bit surprised by the comfortable looking seats and even though I knew the experience is 4D I was still surprised by the amount of space between seats.
Once the show started, I understood the spacing! Your seat rocks. Your seat rolls. Your seat has you right in the middle of the action. Your seat is synced to the show giving motion, water, smell, wind, & fog effects.
Both movies/cartoons included in the show are absolutely the Simpsons at their best – super enjoyable and full of surprises.
The attraction lasts about 15 minutes which in my opinion is the perfect timing. Not so long that little ones may have an issue staying interested. A small word of caution for children with sensory issues: Parts of the show could possibly be a slight concern so check with the theater before entering.
Once the show is over you exit through – you guessed it – the Kwik-E-Mart, where you’ll find lots of refreshments including Buzz Cola, heat-lamp hot dogs and Lard Lad Donuts, as well as Squishee flavored drinks — all inspired by the TV show.
The attraction is near Dragon’s Lair Fantasy Golf, is open daily. You can purchase tickets at the box office. All tickets include a free digital souvenir photo of you with The Simpsons family on the red carpet.
About The Attraction
- The Simpsons in 4D is a first-of-its-kind attraction with authentic recreations of the show’s Aztec Theater and Kwik-E-Mart—bringing a slice of Springfield to Broadway at the Beach.
- The Aztec Theater features a ticketed 4D theater experience. The show is a family-friendly motion experience in a state-of-the-art theater that features the adventures of America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons™.
- Guests will be swept into a fully-immersive themed universe that brings the Simpsons characters and environments to life with impeccable detail and precision. The Simpsons in 4D is faithful to the visual landscape of Springfield, including the Aztec Theater and Kwik-E-Mart.
- The attraction has many photo opportunities encouraging fans to get creative with their selfies while rubbing elbows with the show’s most recognizable characters.
- The Simpsons in 4D “Total Experience” Ticket includes a Souvenir Cup with your choice of a Squishee or Buzz Cola and a regular size Lard Lad Donut from the Kwik-E-Mart. All attraction tickets include a Hollywood-style, red carpet souvenir digital photo with The Simpsons family—ready for sharing.
About The Brand
- The Simpsons is the longest-running primetime scripted show in television history.
- The Simpsons is now in its 30th season and in development on seasons 31 and 32 with more than 600 episodes and has a tremendous following.
- The Simpsons has been named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time Magazine, the “Greatest American Sitcom” by Entertainment Weekly in 2013, and “The Best TV Show Ever” in 2016 by Vulture.com.