Are you looking for a last minute place to take the family for a winter holiday this year? Slip off that sweater and into your swimsuit this holiday season for a visit to The Palm Beaches. With comfortable temperatures, a bounty of seasonal event offerings, countless deals and a tropical holiday atmosphere, there is no better time to schedule your next vacation to this ideal winter destination. Enjoy blue skies and warm Atlantic coast waters, while still enjoying a festive feel. As you begin to celebrate the holidays, Discover The Palm Beaches has carefully crafted a list of specials and unique offerings to make this time of year stress-free for you. Whether you’re planning your own winter getaway or looking for ways to impress your visitors, here’s a list of happenings to keep you and your company merry this holiday season.
With many family friendly options – some FREE – you won’t be disappointed!
A fun and educational experience that is FREE, you can try the brand-new Manatee Lagoon, an FPL Eco-Discovery Center, and see dozens of manatees congregate in the waters. The center itself is amazing, with tons of touch-screen interactive exhibits about marine life. Or head to the Loggerhead Marinelife Center, which is Florida’s premier sea turtle rehabilitation hospital that is a really cool place for children to spend a day. They have a veterinarian-for-a-day program, a playground, exhibits to see the turtles, and it’s just across the street from the Juno Beach Pier, which is a wonderful beach landmark. This center is also FREE!
You can spend an afternoon in West Palm Beach at the Palm Beach Zoo, which recently debuted a new Florida panther named Sassy and the new Panther Prowl habitat which lets the panthers WALK ABOVE YOUR HEAD. The South Florida Science Center & Aquarium has recently opened a new mini-golf course and butterfly garden called “Conservation Course”, designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus’ son Gary Nicklaus and Jim Fazio. The Zoo and Science Center have a Dual Discovery Pass, which lets families get savings if they want to go to both attractions. For even more savings options, families can purchase the Discover Pass and also go to Fun Depot and the Zoo and Science Center with exclusive savings.
Check out some of these great deals from The Palm Beach area of Florida:
RESORT & HOTEL PACKAGES
Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort – Boca Raton, Fla.
- The Uniquely Boca Holiday Package invites guests to create magical memories this holiday season. Guests can enjoy valet parking, cake pops on arrival, a family portrait, breakfast, 15% off Spa, Golf, and Tennis, inclusive of resort charge, and late checkout. Choose to book a Suite and receive a bonus $100 resort credit. This 15 percent discount is valid for arrivals through January 5, 2017. Use promo code P3 to receive offer. **A two-night minimum stay is required for this offer.
Delray Beach Marriott – Delray Beach, Fla.
- Through January 5, 2017 guests can spend the holidays at Delray Beach Marriott and enjoy breakfast daily for two by using the promotional code: “S4B.” Rates begin at $179 per night.
Hilton West Palm Beach – West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Celebrate Christmas at Hilton West Palm Beach, with deals starting at $749. Stay two nights in a luxurious junior suite and receive a visit from the hotel’s elves who will hang personalized stockings, pine wreaths, garlands, and tree in your room. Continue the holiday celebration in-room with Santa’s pack filled with dreidels, one holiday movie, a Christmas CD, make-your-own stocking supplies, and more. Start each morning with a holiday-themed breakfast ‘in-suite’ for 2 people. During the day, create your own holiday treats, including triple-decker ice cream sandwiches and peppermint cocktails from the hotel’s peppermint bar. Sip hot chocolate from the DIY chocolate bar and snack while playing board games at the hotel’s nautical bar, Galley. Gift yourself something special with a $50 gift card to CityPlace shopping, and then enjoy the rest of the stay with outside yoga on the lawn and soaking up the sunshine poolside.
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa – Riviera Beach, Fla.
- The Suite Holidays by the Beach Package provides families with accommodations in a newly-renovated suite, complete with a full kitchen, living room, private balcony and washer/dryer (based on a two-night minimum stay). Families will also receive a cookie decorating welcome amenity, a $50 gift certificate to use at the resort’s award-winning SiSpa, Kids Club access for one-half day (for up to two children), and a complimentary beach setup for one full day (for two). Package rates start at $399 per night, and are valid through December 26, 2016.
The Chesterfield Hotel – Palm Beach, Fla.
- Home for the Holidays – Enjoy a complimentary glass of champagne upon arrival for two, two-night accommodations in a beautiful room or suite, complimentary English breakfast each morning for two, valet service, and a mixology lesson with two cocktails per person. Prices start from $335.00 per night (excl. VAT) based on two adults sharing a classic queen superior room. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, and is subject to availability and booking terms and conditions. This offer will only be valid through January 7, 2017.
- Get More From Your Stay Package – Through January 7, 2017, guests can choose any of the following treat options, valued with savings of up to $60, if you book a minimum of two nights (all weekends and some weekdays). Continental breakfast is also included in addition to your choice of one of the following:
- A bottle of chilled champagne, delivered to your room at a desired time
- Romantic turndown on one evening during your stay
- Traditional English afternoon tea for two
- Executive two-course lunch for two on one afternoon
Terms and Conditions do apply. Prices start from $346.00 per night (excluding tax) and are based on double occupancy in a Superior Queen room. A minimum two-night stay is required. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, and is subject to availability and booking terms and condition. Standard cancellation policies do apply.
West Palm Beach Marriott – West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Guests can enjoy daily breakfast for two at the West Palm Beach Marriott when booking a stay using the promotional code: “S4B” through January 5, 2017. Rates begin at $119 per night.
Avocado Grill – West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Traditional holiday fare gets a face lift on Sunday, December 25 with Avocado Grill’s popular three-course Christmas dinner, served from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. for just $49.50 per adult and $25 per child. The holiday menu includes savory items such as Maine Lobster bisque, spiced lamb sliders, sweet potato and coconut-crusted Mahi-mahi, seared scallops, mussels, and pan-seared tenderloin to name a few. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa – Manalapan, Fla.
- Christmas Dinner at Angle – Enjoy an elegant evening this Christmas Day from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the resort’s fine dining restaurant, Angle. Chef de Cuisine Manlee Sui has designed a five-course tasting menu of classic special occasion items, prepared with a contemporary and locally-driven twist. Expert wine pairings are also available.
Hilton West Palm Beach – West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Get inspired with the culinary creations of Chef Miguel Santiago and Chef Matthew as well as special guest Gordon Sullivan this December 15, as they host this special Wine Dinner aimed to impress your palate with a delightful five-course food and wine pairing dinner.
Season’s 52 – Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- This New Year’s Eve, Season’s 52 will be offering a six-course wine-paired dinner for $120 (plus tax and gratuity) per person. Guests will be able to enjoy the meal, along with a live jazz performance on the dance floor, a champagne toast at midnight, traditional party favors, and a gift from Seasons 52. Festivities will take place in the Napa Room with a full view of the Intercoastal Waterway.
Swank Table – Loxahatchee, Fla.
- Kick off the holiday season with Swank Table’s farm-to-table dinner on Sunday, December 18, 2016. The dinner will feature prominent South Florida chefs who will use farm-fresh, locally-sourced ingredients to prepare small bites and a four-course meal on the farm. 26 Degrees Brewery of Pompano Beach will serve brews. Menu items include razor clam ceviche, Seminole headcheese, Swank heirloom carrot salad, Swank Farm herb-crusted swordfish, and slow-roasted Colorado lamb. The dinner is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., and the cost is $160 per person. Guests will receive a 10% discount on parties of 20 guests or more. White Acres, a local country band, will provide music for the evening.
The Chesterfield Hotel – Palm Beach, Fla.
- Christmas Eve Dinner – Surround yourself with family, friends and a holiday feast, complete with all the festivities. Chef Gerard Coughlin and his talented team will serve up delicious selections such as prime rib roast, roast turkey, pan-seared wild Atlantic salmon, maple-glazed Christmas carved ham and prime rib of beef from 5:30 p.m. through 11 p.m. at The Chesterfield Hotel’s Leopard Lounge Bar & Restaurant. Enjoy it all for $99 per adult and $45 per child ages 12 and under (exclusive of tax and gratuity). A Christmas Day dinner with a similar menu will be available throughout Christmas Day from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m., for the same price.
- New Year’s Eve Gala – Welcome 2017 with a glittering and glamorous Gala dinner featuring a mouthwatering four-course menu. Enjoy dancing, live entertainment, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. Reservations are required, as are a jacket and tie for men. The first seating begins at 6 p.m., and the Gala begins at 8:30 p.m. Cost to attend is $140 per person for the 6 p.m. seating plus entertainment, and $225 per person for the 8:30 p.m. seating, live entertainment, party favors, and a champagne toast at midnight.
Waterstone Resort & Marina – Boca Raton, Fla.
- Christmas dinner just got even tastier with a four-course meal at The Waterstone’s Boca Landing restaurant. Dinner will be offered on December 25 from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. The cost to dine is $65 per person, with a wine pairing for an additional $20. The children’s menu will be $20 per child. Tax and gratuity are not included. Reservations are required with a credit card, as is a 24-hour cancellation policy.
Boca Raton Resort and Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort – Boca Raton, Fla.
- Rock the Block (New Year’s Eve Celebration) – Boca Raton Resort & Club will ring in the new year with its fourth annual Rockthe Block celebration, an over-the-top New Year’s Eve block party offering live music from hip-hop performer Jay Sean, pop singer Taylor Dayne, and hit duo Nico & Vinz. The event also features an indulgent buffet dinner, including citrus-spiced shrimp, skirt steak, beef and chicken sliders, a taco and tortilla bar, jumbo pretzels, an abundant dessert bar and deluxe open-bar including champagne, and endless entertainment options for guests of all ages. The resort’s Grand Lawn will even be transformed into a carnival, complete with balloon artists, carnival games, a 300 foot long/30 ft. tall four-lane fun slide, mechanical pirate ship and multiple bounce houses. At midnight, a magnificent private fireworks display overlooking the golf course will ring in 2017 with a bang. This event is open only to resort guests and club members.
The Gardens Mall – Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Kids Club – Holiday Celebration Event – On Saturday, December 10 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., visit the Kids Clubhouse with your little ones for holiday dance performances between 10:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. by Just Dance, and Story Time with Mrs. Claus from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Kids of all ages will be able to decorate crafts and cookies. The Kids Club is located in Nordstrom Court. If you are not a member of the Kids Club and want to register, go to http://www.thegardensmall.com/thegardensmallkidsclub. This is a free club and each child will have full access to many amenities with retailers and special events.
- Santa’s Enchanted Garden is open during mall hours through December 24, 2016. Bring the family, and even your pet, for Christmas photos with Santa in this winter wonderland-themed garden, located in the Mall’s Grand Court. Pet photos are only available from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on select days, including November 27 and December 4. Well-behaved dogs and cats are welcome with an appointment.
- Holiday Gift Wrap Suite – Beginning November 25 through Christmas Eve, take a break from the holiday hustle and bustle, and stop by The Gardens Mall’s complimentary Holiday Gift Wrap Suite for courtesy gift wrapping, while you charge your cellphone and unwind with some holiday movies. The Gift Wrap Suite is located on the upper level of the Grand Court, and will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
The Spa at Jupiter Beach Resort – Jupiter, Fla.
- Bliss Package – For just $235, give the gift of tranquility and peace to yourself or a special someone with the spa’s aromatherapy associates. The special package, which is valid November 25 through January 7, 2017, includes two treatments and lunch, along with the choice of one of the following complimentary enhancements:
- Recharge Your Body With Renewing Holiday Cheer (RENEWING) – regain your strength and recharge your body.
- De-stress with Tis’ The Season (DESTRESSING) – give your immune system a boost and maintain energy levels this holiday season.
- Relax and Revive With Winter Rescue (REVIVING) – ease tension and relax.
Visit Palm Beach – Located throughout many areas of The Palm Beaches
- This winter give the gift of fun with Visit Palm Beach’s 20% off gift card sale. This offer is valid on all Visit Palm Beach activities, including catamaran cruises, jet skis, kayaks, paddleboards and more from November 21, 2016 through January 31, 2017 by using the promo code ‘GiftSave.’
HOLIDAY EVENTS AND FESTIVITIES
33rd Annual Wellington Holiday Parade – Wellington, Fla.
- The Central Palm Beach County Chamber and Village of Wellington will be hosting the 33rd Annual Wellington Holiday Parade on Sunday, December 11 at 1:30 p.m. The Grand Marshals for 2016 will be Dance Theatre at Wellington, who were recently issued a proclamation by the Wellington Village Council for being chosen to appear in this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. 25,000 spectators are expected to attend this year’s event. Holiday Park will also be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., and will feature exhibitors offering fun, food, music and fun in the Wellington Amphitheater.
Boynton Beach & Delray Beach’s 45th Annual Holiday Boat Parade – Boynton Beach & Delray Beach, Fla.
- This flotilla of brightly-decorated boats will line up at the Lantana Bridge near the Old Key Lime House restaurant, and motor south at 6:30 p.m. along the Intracoastal Waterway to the C-15 canal in Delray Beach on December 9 at 6 p.m. The event at the Boynton Harbor Marina starts at 6 p.m., with live music setting the stage for the parade. This holiday illumination show can be viewed in Boynton Beach at Intracoastal Park, Jaycee Park and in Delray Beach from Veterans Park.
CityPlace – West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Gather with friends and family to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year underneath the 40-foot Christmas tree, and scheduled “snowfall” throughout the holidays at both 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and at 6 p.m., 7 p.m., and 8 p.m. through December 31.
- Enjoy the themed “Holidays Around the World” Family Fun Fest on Sunday, December 11. The festivities begin at 1 p.m., and include live cultural and holiday performances, bounce houses, train rides, holiday crafts, and snowfall. Santa Clause will arrive on his sleigh at 3:15 p.m. to bring cheer to all that are near.
- Shoppers who spend $100 or more this holiday season will receive a free $10 gift card. Shoppers who show their receipt at Guest Services through December 14 will also be entered to win a brand new Hyundai Elantra from Napleton West Palm Beach Hyundai.
- Free photos with Santa are also available when you bring your camera to Macy’s from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on November 26, December 3, December 10, and December 17.
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa – Manalapan, Fla.
- New Year’s Eve Rock n’ Roll Tribute – Ditch the tuxedo or ball gown and prepare for a legendary dance party with award-winning musician Phillip Myers, who is renowned for bringing down the house in nearly every major venue in the country, including Broadway. The exciting welcome to 2017 includes Meyers performing tributes to Elton John and Billy Joel while accompanied by the Phillip Myers Band, a “toes in the sand” beachfront champagne reception, indulgent four-course dinner menu, complimentary full bar with premium spirits, champagne toast and midnight balloon drop, midnight breakfast and a DJ spinning the hottest tunes during a late-night after party. The event kicks off on December 31 at 5 p.m. through 1:30 a.m. for a fee of $495 per couple for resort guests, $525 per couple for non-guests, and $95 for additional guests with Angle dinner reservations.
- AquaNuts New Year’s Eve Celebration – A strictly no grown-ups zone for pint-size partygoers to ring in the New Year with big style! Children will enjoy an evening of fun with a menu of kid-tested favorite flavors, live entertainment, balloon artists, snow cones and more. A countdown with balloon drop and sparkling apple juice toast at midnight will cap off 2016. This AquaNuts celebration takes place on December 31 from 7 p.m. through 12:30 a.m. for $100 per child.
The Flagler Museum – Palm Beach, Fla.
- On the first Sunday of December, admire the awe of this historic home’s holiday splendor as the first floor of Whitehall is decorated in traditional Gilded Age décor. More than 600 guests are expected to come together for the Grand Hall Christmas Tree Lighting event, where the youngest descendants of Henry Flagler follow tradition by flipping the switch on the tree lights as the culmination of the day’s events. Other activities include music from the home’s organ, Santa Claus and a Special Christmas Lecture. Holiday Evening Tours are also available from December 18-23.
Hoffman’s Chocolates Winter Wonderland – Greenacres, Fla.
- Opening for their 26th annual Winter Wonderland, Hoffman’s Chocolates welcomes the public through December 30, 2016 to enjoy the visual display of more than 75,000 LED lights, a 12-foot Christmas tree, photo opportunities with Santa and Mrs. Claus, as well as a Sweet Shack with assorted chocolates, gourmet caramel apples and ice cream for sale.
Northwood Village’s Art Night Out – Northwood Village, Fla.
- Discover the creative setting of Northwood Village as you stroll down Northwood Road’s unique boutiques, galleries, and restaurants. Browse and buy local art and crafts from South Florida vendors, and enjoy performances by live street-side artists and musicians. This event takes place on December 30, 2016, and is held during the last Friday of each month from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Palm Beach Outlets – West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Beginning this Black Friday through Christmas Eve, December 24, Palm Beach Outlets generously gifts each shopper’s family a present of two free professional Santa photos, along with a digital download of a single image. Additional photos and Christmas merchandise will be available for purchase. One giveaway per family, per Christmas season. Some restrictions may apply
- From 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 29, Palm Beach Outlets will host a Chanukah event in Center Court. The festive occasion will include a menorah lighting, music, dancing, latkes and more.
Palm Beach Zoo – West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Breakfast With Santa – Celebrate this fun and festive holiday tradition with a hot breakfast buffet, up-close animal encounters, and photos with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Face painting, crafts, and complimentary rides on the Wildlife Carousel will also be available. Seatings will take place on December 17, 18 and 24 at 8:30 a.m. Advance reservations are required. Seating is limited.
Sandi Land: Holiday in Paradise – West Palm Beach, Fla.
- This whimsical month-long holiday celebration includes a 600-ton Sand tree “Sandi,” and several free family-friendly activities. Throughout the month of December, visitors can view the 35-foot holiday sand tree in Sandi Land on the stunning West Palm Beach Waterfront, and enjoy dazzling musical light shows. Nightly light shows take place every 15 minutes starting at 6:15 p.m. throughout the month of December.
- Aloha Islanders Tropical Holiday Spectacular – On Sunday, December 18, 2016 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., the Aloha Islanders present a Tropical Holiday Spectacular with authentic, high-energy Polynesian entertainment for all ages. The show is action packed with pulsating drums, beautiful hula dancers and exciting Samoan fire-knife dancers. Guests can enjoy a journey through Polynesia with a non-stop revue of dances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa and New Zealand. There will also be a conch blowing contest as part of the tropical festivities to see which contestant can blow their own horn the loudest. Children can enjoy the activities around Sandi Land. Admission is free. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs to this outdoor event.
SUNSET LOUNGE JAZZ SERIES presents Selwyn Birchwood – Historic Northwest District in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Selwyn Birchwood will perform at the famed Sunset Lounge in West Palm Beach’s historic Northwest district for an early New Year’s celebration on December 30 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Birchwood is a young, next-generation bluesman known for his skilled guitar playing, soulful vocals, magnetic personality, and his trademark afro. Guests can experience this modern powerhouse performer at the legendary jazz venue located in the historically black community just northwest of downtown West Palm Beach. Tickets are $20.
The Pavilion at Old School Square – Delray Beach, Fla.
- The Pavilion will host several holiday performances throughout the month of December, starting with Carols by Candlelight on December 3 at 7 p.m., Blue Suede Christmas on December 15at 7:30 p.m., and The State Ballet Theatre of Russia – The Tchaikovsky Christmas Spectacular on December 26 at 7:30 p.m. Ticket prices may vary.
Crest Theatre at Old School Square – Delray Beach, Fla.
- The highly-acclaimed touring show, American Big Band, is back with an all new Christmas production, Home for the Holidays! Experience this amazing 11-piece Big Band along with six outstanding singers and dancers, who will fill the stage with majestic and lush arrangements of Christmas favorites on December 8 at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Tickets range from $32 to $42.
- From the star and creator of one of the longest-running one-man comedy shows in history, My Mother’s Italian, My Father’s Jewish & I’m in Therapy, we bring you: My Mother’s Italian, My Father’s Jewish and I’m Home for the Holidays… the Therapy Continues!Enjoy the laughter-filled evening of family chaos from award-winning writer and comedian, Steve Solomon, on December 22 and 23 at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $36 to $46.
About Discover The Palm Beaches
Discover The Palm Beaches, formerly the Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau, is the official tourism marketing corporation that promotes the collection of 39 cities and towns and 15 tourism districts spanning more than 2,200 square miles and 47 miles of pristine beaches from Boca Raton to Jupiter and Tequesta, commonly referred to as “The Palm Beaches.” Tourism is among Palm Beach County’s major industries, generating $4.55 billion in direct visitor spending and supporting more than 60,000 jobs. Once recognized as a tropical escape for elite travelers in the late 1800s, America’s First Resort Destination® is making its resurgence as The Best Way To Experience Florida®, welcoming a record-breaking 6.9 million people in 2015. The Palm Beaches are home to nearly 17,000 hotel rooms, ranging from historic resorts to boutique inns. The destination features more than 100 family-friendly attractions, world-class luxury and antique shopping experiences, 125 miles of peaceful waterways for on- or in-the-water activities, more than 150 artificial reefs that line the Atlantic Ocean’s Gulf Stream current, 160 golf courses, award-winning restaurants, and a thriving entertainment scene boasting more than 200 art and culture organizations. For more information about The Palm Beaches, visit www.ThePalmBeaches.com and connect on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @PalmBeachesFL, YouTube at Discover The Palm Beaches and the hashtag, #ThePalmBeaches.