Walt Disney World Restaurants in the OpenTable Reservation System
Did you know that you can now make some of your Walt Disney World Resort dining reservations through OpenTable?
A small number of Disney-owned restaurants are available to book on OpenTable.com. Some Disney Springs restaurants were already a part of the OpenTable system but this is the first time restaurants owned by Disney have been added to it. Up until now, Disney has kept total control over reservations at it’s restaurants through their own reservation system. Although the Disney Dining reservation system requires you to use a credit card to guarantee your reservation, no credit card is required to make a reservation through the OpenTable system. However, it is rumored that if someone abuses the OpenTable reservation system in any way, they could be blocked from using it in the future.
The Walt Disney World Resort owned restaurants currently available for booking through OpenTable are:
- Grand Floridian Cafe – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- The Wave – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boatwright’s – Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Artist Point – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Sanaa – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Olivia’s – Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Flying Fish – Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- Kona Cafe – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Jiko – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Most of the restaurant locations at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin (i.e., Shulas, Garden Grove, Todd English’s Bluezoo)
- Some of the restaurants at Hilton Bonnet Creek and Four Seasons Orlando
One of the nicest things about using OpenTable is that if you sign up with them, you’ll receive rewards points when booking your reservations. You can make reservations via their website or app (which is free). Yol receive an email confirmation for your reservation and their system makes it to modify your party size and time once booked. Once you accrue enough points, you can redeem your points for restaurant gift cards.
A downside to using OpenTable to book some of your dining reservations is that those reservations will not show up in Disney’s system in your My Disney Experience account.