I’m always looking for a dessert that is easy and quick to make that will be just a little different when I have company coming over. Both of these recipes were so easy, I almost felt guilty over how little work I put into them!
Super Easy Tagalong Pound Cake
I found this recipe on I Wash…You Dry – a site dedicated to easy recipes with easy clean-up. This is really one of the easiest recipes I have ever made and turns out delicious. The best part about it, if you keep a frozen pound cake on hand at all times, it can be made with little notice and last minute, unexpected visitors will think you’re wonderful!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 (16 oz) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz. chocolate candy melts
- Place the pound cake on a sheet of wax paper and set aside.
- Combine the butter and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Stir until smooth and then stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, stirring again until smooth.
- Spread half of the peanut butter mixture on top of the pound cake and place in the fridge for 3 minutes. Spread the rest of the peanut butter mixture on top of the pound cake and place back in the fridge for 3 minutes to harden.
- Melt the chocolates according to package instructions and then pour evenly over the top of the pound cake, letting it run down the sides. Let harden before slicing.
Here’s another one I found at ThirtyHandmadeDays.com. I love this one because it’s only 3 ingredients. Although it takes a bit more time because of freezing, it’s another recipe that is so simple you’ll feel guilty that you hardly put in any effort. It’s delicious too ~ and all of the ingredients are things you can easily keep on hand.
Frozen Mint Chocolate Chip Pie
- 2 pre-made Oreo cookie pie crust
- 1 – 8 oz. container Cool Whip (whipped cream)
- 1 (1.5 quart) container Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Chocolate sauce or crushed Oreos for garnish (optional)
- Soften ice cream until easy to mix with cool whip.
- Spread into cookie pie crust.
- Freeze for several hours.
- Optional: Top with crumbled oreos or chocolate sauce.