I’m normally a romantic comedy type of girl. I indulged my husband by going to see, what I thought, was just another superhero action movie with him. Imagine my surprise when I was laughing out loud, dancing in my seat, hanging on to the edge of my seat, and wiping my tears with a napkin.
Here is a brief synopsis of the plot. Guardians of the Galaxy is an action-packed, epic space adventure! The story starts with Peter Quill (Chris Pratt) when he finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits—Rocket (Bradley Cooper), a gun-toting raccoon, Groot (Vin Diesel), a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and the revenge-driven Drax (Dave Bautista) the Destroyer. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand—with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.
Here are my 5 reasons why you must see this movie!
1. I love a good female character and Zoe Saldona fits the bill. Her character Gamora is strong, heroic, sexy, and knows how to kick some serious butt. I love a woman who doesn’t let anyone stand in her way of doing what she knows is right.
2. It’s action-packed! I can appreciate amazing fight scenes and cinematography. Seeing this movie in 3D was even more heart thumping. I had to apologize to my husband for bumping into him, because I would flinch when spaceships or fists would appear to be coming my way.
3. Chris Pratt. All right, so I also like a little eye candy. But not only that, he’s dang funny. In fact the movie was dang funny. Not just a giggle, but snort laughs during the entire movie. Bradley Cooper made an excellent Rocket and gave him a wonderfully charming sarcastic edge. He humanized a raccoon. Who knew?
4. The supporting characters. I just loved watching all the different characters on-screen. They were beautiful, terrifying and nightmare-inducing. But the make-up. The imagination. The creativity. I couldn’t look away.
5. How can you resist rooting for the underdog? The main characters did not have perfect lives and are searching for something. I always find myself cheering for those who have been kicked in the teeth. Being able to connect to a character is important for me to enjoy a movie. Their heartwarming stories unfold on the screen and had me crossing my fingers and toes that maybe, just maybe they could save the Galaxy when they really didn’t have to.
You can follow GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Guardians
Like GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY on Facebook: www.facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy
Disclosure: I was provided with two tickets to see Guardians of the Galaxy, but like always, all thoughts are my own.