I love looking through and trying different recipes on brand websites. I found this one on Pillsbury and have adapted it a little here and there to make it perfect for my family. This is truly one of the easiest and quickest extra special lunch or even a quick dinner that you can make for the kids. You can either use left over chili that you have made from scratch or use canned chili if you’re really in a pinch! The kids will love it! You can add more cheese in one for the one that loves cheese or less in another for the one that doesn’t.
I have also made these same cups using left over pulled pork, left over BBQ chicken chunks or Sloppy Joes. You can use your imagination (and get rid of left overs).
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Shredded Cheddar cheese – As much or as little as your family likes. The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup.
- 1 can chili or about 16 oz. of left-over homemade chili
- Sour cream, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 6 jumbo muffin cup
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Set aside 2 biscuits. Press remaining biscuits evenly in bottoms and up sides of muffins cups. Fill each cup with about 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Place chili in small microwavable bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes or until hot, stirring once during cooking. I usually skip this step since the baking in the oven is more then enough to cook/warm your chili
- Spoon about 1/4 cup chili on top of cheese in each muffin cup.
- Flatten the 2 remaining biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 3 pieces. Place 1 dough piece on top of chili in each cup. (Dough does not cover top.)
- Bake 17 to 21 minutes or until edges of biscuit cups are deep golden brown. Cool 2 minutes.
- Remove biscuit cups from pan. Garnish with sour cream.