I am in love with FINDING DORY. I also have a great friend and blogger that I love and was thrilled when she posted a wonderful FINDING DORY mocktail recipe on her site that included a version that includes rum. She has given me permission to share her recipe with my readers for Foodie Friday. The original non-alcoholic version comes from Jane’sWorld.com. Jane’s World is written by Jane D., one of my dearest friends, who lives in the beautiful peninsula County of Cornwall in the United Kingdom. While you are over at Jane’s World, take a good look at some of what she has to say – I bet you will end up loving her as much as I do!
This recipe can be made with or without rum. I know the kids will love the FINDING DORY non-alcoholic mocktail version too! Just leave out the rum!
FINDING DORY Rum Cocktail:
- Sprite (2 liter bottle – or similar lemon lime soda)
- Coconut water
- Fresh blueberries
- Ice cube tray (I know! I didn’t have one! You can get one at your local Dollar Store)
- Your favorite rum (Jane recommends a white rum or a coconut flavored rum for a little extra flavor!)
- A large jug
- Start your Finding Dory cocktail either the night before or early in the day by dropping fresh blueberries into ice cube trays and topping up with water. Place the trays in your freezer until your ice cubes are frozen solid.
- Simply pour both the Sprite and coconut water into your jug and give a good stir to combine.
- Drop ice cubes into glasses and top up with the mixture and and voila you’ve found Dory!
- To make the rum version, add a shot (or two) of your favorite rum to your glass!
- I recommend adding your rum individually to suit each person’s individual rum tastes (and desires!) You can, of course, add a good bit to your jug.