My son is a PEEPER! Peeps®are a staple in my house at Easter time (and any other time we see them in the stores). My son has had an on-going love affair with Peeps since he was very young. I am always looking for a new way to surprise him with PEEPS® when he visits so I was thrilled when I saw that Peeps® has teamed up with Betty Crocker to create some really interesting uses for these smushy, gushy, marshmallow delights! I was looking for something that could just be a little extra something for Easter since we will be having our traditional Easter pies for dessert. I know my son will love these little treats!
PEEPS® Brownie Nests – RECIPE PROVIDED BY: Betty Crocker
INGREDIENTS: SERVINGS: 10
- 1 box Betty CrockerTM fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and egg called for on brownie box
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups minature marshmallows
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup MIKE AND IKE® Juniors candy or your favorite miniature jelly beans
- 10 PEEPS® brand Party Cake flavored Marshmallow Chicks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 13×9-inch pan with cooking parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray. Make and bake brownies as directed on box. Cool 30 minutes, then freeze in pan 1 hour. Using 3-inch round cutter, cut 10 brownie rounds
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows, and microwave in additional 30-second increments, stirring until combined and marshmallow mixture is melted. Add chow mein noodles; stir until coated. Working quickly with buttered hands, form about 1/2 cup mixture into a nest. Repeat for a total of 10 nests. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place 1 chow mein nest on top of each brownie round. Top each with MIKE AND IKE® candies and 1 PEEPS® marshmallow chick.
PEEPS® Bunny Dips
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies
- 1 (12oz) package of milk chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or other chopped nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Other toppings of your choice
- Parchment paper
1. Melt chocolate according to manufacturer’s directions.
2. Transfer chocolate into bowl deep enough for dipping.
3. Let cool until comfortable to the touch and slightly thicker than when first melted. This helps the chocolate “cling” to the PEEPS®, and toppings “cling” to chocolate.
4. Hold a PEEPS® Bunny by the ears and dip bottom of Bunny in the chocolate. Allow excess to drip off.
5. Roll or dip chocolate-covered Bunny in favorite topping. Cool on parchment paper. PEEPS® Bunny Dips can also be made ahead of time. Arrange bunnies on a festive platter and serve for all to enjoy!
For sugar-reduced diets, substitute PEEPS® Sugar-Free marshmallow Chicks and sugar-free melting chocolate. You may want to eliminate coconut and sprinkles and substitute other reduced-sugar toppings.