O.K. – I was a little eager! The minute I found out my new grandchild was going to be a boy, I made a reservation for his first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop in the Magic Kingdom. Long before he was born the reservation was made. Never gave it thought that he might not have any hair! So at 5 months and 1 day – with little to no hair – Seamus got his first haircut at Harmony!
$25. Yes – that’s it! $25 for the “First Haircut” package. The cost includes the haircut, My 1st Haircut Mickey EARS, certificate, and a pixie dusted pouch with the hair clippings that have been cut. This is one of the most reasonably priced experiences you can have at the Magic Kingdom. I did tip Nicole and I would suggest tipping any of the stylists doing the haircut just as you would at home. I probably tipped more than I had to since Nicole was wonderful with the baby and helped make a wonderful Disney magical experience for my family.
A Disney PhotoPass photographer is available during the experience who takes wonderful shots from different angles. If your child is very small – or frightened, you are more than welcome to sit your child on your lap during the haircut. If you want “pixie dust” sprinkled in your child’s hair after the cut – they will do that too.
Without a doubt, an incredible experience and worth much more than $25. Everyone in the shop gets into the spirit of your child’s haircut – even the other guests!
There were guests stopping in without a reservation and were given a return time several hours away so it is highly recommended you make a reservation through the Walt Disney World reservation system by calling (407) 939-7529. And don’t forget – you can get your hair cut there too! I think I just might get my next cut there!
- My First Haircut package – $25
- Child’s haircut (9 and under) – $18
- Adult haircut – $19
- Make a reservation. Call 407-939-7529 up to 180 days in advance. If there are no reservations available, don’t be discouraged. It is definitely worth trying to walk-in when you arrive in the Magic Kingdom.
- If you do walk-in and have to wait, you can go out into the park and return at the right time.
- Don’t worry about your child being too little for a haircut. My grandson was only 5 months old and had almost NO hair. As long as there is something to snip – it will be snipped!!
- They will dampen hair with water if necessary but they do not shampoo. They recommend arriving with clean, dry hair.
- The appointment lasts around 30 minutes so won’t take a big chunk of time out of your day.
- Prices subject to change without notice.