The Dole Whip is a popular snack with the Disney community. I admit I’m not really a fan. I am a fan of the Dole Whip with rum available in Epcot, but the regular Dole Whip offered in other spots isn’t something I will go out of my way for. I do think I would go out of my way for these cupcakes too! Easy to make and delicious!
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 Cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP pineapple extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat butter on high for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, vanilla and pineapple extract to the butter until well combined.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture; alternating with the buttermilk on low speed until it is thoroughly blended.
- Scoop the batter into the lined cupcake holders till 2/3 filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack until fully cooled.
- 1 Cup Butter (room temp)
- 4 + Cup Powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pineapple extract
- Several small pineapple wedges
- Beat butter until creamed.
- Add powdered sugar, 1/2 Cup at a time.
- Cream both until light and creamy.
- If not creaming slowly add a little whipping cream.
- Mix the pineapple extract with the butter and powdered sugar.
- Test to see if the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- Test by pulling out a spoonful of frosting holding it upside down. If it doesn’t drop then your frosting is done.
If not add 1/2 Cup powdered sugar. Test again to make sure the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag with a frosting tip.
- Twist open end to push frosting to the tip.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Place a small pineapple wedge on top of the frosted cupcake.