Let’s face it. We all have that one favorite dessert when we visit Walt Disney World that we “just have to have!” That one dessert we think about often even when we are home – far, far, away from Disney. Every once in a while this dessert craving is made a thousand times worse by the fact that it’s a dessert that only shows up seasonally – heaven forbid! The Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake from the Ireland Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is one of those desserts!
For those times you really start to crave this dessert, here’s the recipe. The rich cake with a gooey warm center debuted at the festival in 2005 with an Irish Whiskey Sauce, but the sauce has changed over the years, including this version with Kerrygold Irish Cream.
Be careful not to over bake so that the center remains molten. With a scoop of good vanilla ice cream, it’s worth every calorie. It’s also a good bit of work to create but it’s well worth it in the end!
Warm Chocolate Pudding with Kerrygold® Irish Cream Liqueur Custard from the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival
Kerrygold® Custard Sauce Ingredients
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold® Irish cream liqueur
Warm Chocolate Pudding Ingredients
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
Directions for Kerrygold® custard sauce:
- Whisk together the egg yolks, cornstarch, and half of the sugar in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and the remaining sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour the hot milk and sugar into the egg yolks, whisking the egg yolks constantly to temper.
- Pour back into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes, until custard thickens.
- Once thickened, pour custard into a medium bowl set in an ice bath.
- Whisk in Irish cream liqueur and cool while warm chocolate pudding is baking.
Directions for warm chocolate pudding:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly butter the bottom and sides of 6 (6 ounce) ramekins. Lightly dust with sugar, shaking out any extra sugar.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler or heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk for 2 minutes, until sugar is fully incorporated.
- Fold in melted chocolate.
- Fold in sifted flour, mixing until smooth.
- Evenly divide among prepared ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake 23-25 minutes, until the sides of the cake are set and the middle is still soft. Do not over bake.
- Cut around the sides of the cake with a knife to loosen from the ramekins. Invert onto a plate.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of custard sauce on top of warm pudding before serving.