Protect Your Home Devices with CUJO
Traditionally all of your device security software, like antivirus or anti-malware, has been designed to protect only the device it is installed on. Today, with so many connected devices in our lives and in our homes, our personal lives are now on display through the networked home gadgets we use. Once connected to your router, CUJO smart firewall protects EVERYTHING! 90% of connected devices store some form of personal information and 70% of those are vulnerable to attack.
At over 60 years old, I’m a trial and error technology user, so was excited to see how seamless and easy CUJO is to set-up and use. It’s made for the average user to understand easily. You see every single thing on your network through your app. The installation is simple. Take the device and the included accessories (power cords and cables) out of the box, power CUJO up and then connect to your router. Download the app and follow the instructions (there were no printed instructions in the box). You can also find easy to understand instructions on the website. The step by step instructions on the app were easy to follow after opening an account and registering the CUJO device.
After connecting the CUJO it will be in standby mode until it is connected to your WiFi router. I will admit I did struggle a bit with these steps but I’m convinced it was more user error and not a difficult process since my kids were able to do it easily.
Considering what the device does, I think the price is reasonable. You can purchase CUJO at electronic stores like Best Buy and on-line for around $249. The Parental Control features alone are worth the cost.
CUJO is a smart firewall for the connected home, designed to bring business-level security to the home network. This one device will secure all devices connecting to the WiFi router. CUJO detects and blocks malicious sites, viruses, and hacks. Think of it like antivirus for your entire network. Plus, CUJO lets you control what your kids access online and keep them safe.
- Business Level Internet Security
- Protects all devices in your home
- Parental Controls
- Connect to Router, Control with App
- Blazing Fast
PARENTAL CONTROL FEATURES
- parental control for all devices
- internet filter
- time limits
- social media monitoring
- pause internet
- alerts and reporting
- remote administration
- user profiles and settings
- CUJO goes beyond traditional security by combining firewall, antivirus, and malware typically found in separate devices.
- CUJO is all encompassing. It secures your computers, phones, tablets, and smart home devices that require Internet access.
- With CUJO Parental Controls, you can finally control what your kids access online, set time limits, create schedules, and block sites.
- The package includes a well designed mobile app that will block and then notify you of a threat or unwanted activity through the mobile app.
- You can now see all devices on your network in one place and disconnect any that shouldn’t be there.
- The device is small and you will always know you’re protected.
- You must have an account and registration to use the app.
- Depending on your home network, number of devices, etc., it could take quite a bit of time to set up so don’t start doing without enough of time set aside to finish the task.
- When you receive an alert you have to go the app and take the steps to block the threat yourself.
I think CUJO is ideal for the connected family and home!
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.