I have always been skeptical about whether a pair of socks could relieve swelling, aches and pains, but everything I have read indicated to me that my husband really needed to try a pair! My husband has never tried compression socks but I have known that he needed to because of leg and ankle swelling due to mobility issues.
I did a little researched and learned that Splett Sports is run by a successful triathlete. An athlete who is committed to creating products to help maximize health and wellness, not only in sports but for everyone. Because of this I thought they were worth a try. When the socks arrived, I was extremely pleased with the quality and the sizing. My husband grudgingly agreed to put them on and was pleased with the fit. The top of the socks are a bit wider then the rest of the leg which made them extremely comfortable. He wore the compression socks all day and on the first day noticed a remarkable difference in the feeling of his legs. The usual end of day aches and pains seemed to be less noticeable. The usual end of day swelling was not as intense. I was impressed since he has been limping by days end for several years now and there was no limp at the end of the first day. I have been washing and drying each night now for a week and we are both convinced that these compression socks are doing an outstanding job! I just ordered 6 more pairs because these socks will now be a part of his everyday wear!
Recent studies show that with an optimal level of consistent compression, the walls of the arteries will dilate, increasing the blood flow through them. Arterial blood flow has been shown to increase up to 40% during activity and 30% during recovery. This means more oxygen and nutrients flowing through the body! On the other hand, the walls of the veins will constrict under compression, which helps to increase the velocity of blood flow through them. Increased velocity of blood flow through veins means that deoxygenated blood and lactic acid will get back to the heart quicker, which will help to increase the rate of recovery and decrease muscle soreness! Compression will also help to stabilize the muscle and decrease the amount of muscular vibration, resulting in decreased fatigue. To sum up the benefits of compression; enhanced performance through increased blood flow, quicker recovery and decreased muscle soreness, and less fatigue. All good things!
Who benefits from wearing compression? Anyone’s legs can feel better while wearing compression stockings, especially those who spend too much time in sedentary sitting or standing positions. Compression stockings are of most benefit to individuals with the following leg complaints:
- ✔ PERFECT FOR SPORTS & DAILY USE – Best for high impact exercises to warm up safely, feel stronger & recover faster. Loved for daily use aswell!
- ✔ GRADUATED COMPRESSION – Knee-High blood circulation and increases stamina especially at the ankle & gradually decreases moving up the leg
- ✔ PERFECT SIZE & COMFORTABLE FIT – Fits tight and doesn’t slip down whilst running or playing! Suitable for men and women. Our one size is about 8,6 * 13,5 inches (MEDIUM)
- ✔ MORE HEALTH – Better regeneration means more energy in every area of life. You will also have a professional look
- ✔ GUARANTEED QUALITY – 30 days 100% Money-Back Guarantee! Genuine, breathable & durable 70% Nylon, 10% Silver Drystat, 10% Spandex, 10% Lycra Knee-High Compression Socks
It is recommended that you consult with your physician before wearing compression 20 mmHg and above. If you also have arterial circulation problems in your legs please consult with your physician before wearing any level of compression.