Lose yourself in the music!
Dance like no one is watching!
Turn up the volume, close your eyes, and let the music take over your soul!
Make your speakers smart(er)
Chromecast Audio is an affordable way to enjoy the music you love on your existing speakers. Connect the tunes from your phone to your speakers and still be able to answer your phone! The Chromecast Audio devices are available at Best Buy and are truly inexpensive ($30).
What is Chromecast Audio?
Chromecast Audio is a small device that plugs into your speakers for streaming music through WiFi. Once set up, simply use your iPhone®, iPad®, Android phone and tablet, Mac® and Windows® laptop, or Chromebook to stream your favorite tunes to the best speakers in the house. By using your phone, it’s easy to play, pause, or change the volume from anywhere in the home. And while streaming, you can still text or call without interrupting what’s playing or draining your battery.
Easily stream music, without the hassle of pairing
Tap the Cast button from music apps to send the music instantly to your speakers. Search, play, pause, queue songs and change the volume right from your phone—anywhere in the house.
Listen to your favorites, anytime
Enjoy over 30 million songs from music services like Pandora, Google Play Music, Spotify, and iHeartRadio. We’re constantly adding new apps, so there’s no end to the music, radio stations and podcasts you can enjoy.
Plus, stream any audio from your Android phone or your laptop
For apps that are not yet Cast-enabled or music stored on your device, you can stream audio from your Android phone or tablet to the speaker. Or, use your laptop to stream music and audio streaming websites from the Chrome browser.
- Streaming music over wifi instead of bluetooth gives you a higher quality of sound. Chromecast Audio uses WiFi to stream lossless high resolution audio to your speakers, so you get better than CD quality sound. With Bluetooth, audio is re-compressed and limited to standard resolution.
- With WiFi streaming, your music keeps playing without disruption, even if you get a phone call or a text notification. With Bluetooth, phone calls and notifications are heard over the speakers.
- Control music from anywhere in the house. Chromecast Audio streams music over WiFi, which means you can control the music from anywhere within your WiFi network. With Bluetooth, your phone needs to be near the speaker or the music will stop playing.
- Streaming music over WiFi doesn’t drain your battery, while pairing from Bluetooth does.
- Easily share music from multiple devices. With WiFi every mobile device on the network can connect and control your speakers. Chromecast’s guest mode makes it even easier for guests to connect to your speakers without connecting to your WiFi network. With Bluetooth, pairing devices can be tedious and requires disconnecting one device before another can connect.
- Play same music across multiple speakers. Chromecast Audio lets you group multiple speakers together to play the same song everywhere.
This is one of the coolest gadgets I have used in a long time! It was in place within seconds and we’ve been dancing around the house for days!
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.