Disney Cruise Line has different spaces for all age groups – I’ll start with Disney-themed activity centers where kids of all ages can participate in activities that captivate and cultivate their minds such as:
Ages 3 months to 3 years can enjoy a world inspired by a Disney park attractions, while allowing their parents some “adult time”. The nursery boasts original artwork by the talented Mary Blair and is opened until 1 a.m. and also offers a one way mirrored door where parents can secretly sneak a peek at their child. The It’s a Small World Nursery is located on the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy. On the Disney Magic is the Flounders Reef Nursery. A mermaid themed nursery is located on the Disney Wonder. A small fee is required and advance reservations are encouraged.
The Oceaneer Club is open to children 3 years old to 10 years old. Before entering the club, the lucky little rascals first wash their hands in a really neat hand washer that actually drops the soap on their hands with water. The Oceaneer Club also has a “magic play floor” that interacts when they dance and when cast members story tell. The club is full of hi-tech gadgets.(I want to be a kid again, so jealous!)
For older kids there is:
- EDGE for tweens
- VIBE for teens
- Character Greetings with their favorite Disney Characters.
- Chill Spa aboard the Disney Dream offers special services including facials, body treatments, manicures and more—designed for teens only. (my daughter Peyton’s dream come true since Mama is not allowed)
- Camp Out on the Disney Magic and Pirates League
There are so many things to choose from on board all the Disney Cruise Line ships.
Families can enjoy these activities together or separate:
- Live Shows include original, Broadway-quality Disney musicals performed exclusively at the Walt Disney Theatre, starring some of your favorite Disney Characters each day. Like “Disney’s Believe” on Dream/Fantasy or Disney’s Aladdin—A Musical Spectacular.
- Movies are shown in the nostalgic Buena Vista Theatre; some screened in Disney Digital 3-D—and on the ginormous television screen above Goofy’s Pool or Donald’s Pool.
- Pools include the family friendly Goofy’s Pool and Donald’s Pool, as well as Mickey’s Pool which features a twisting slide
- Aquaduct- transparent tube water coaster located at Deck 12, Aft aboard the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy, definitely a family fun place to enjoy.
- Disney Cruise Line deck parties are filled with music and dance extravaganzas they have a Sail-Away Celebration & Pirate Night deck party also exclusively on Alaskan Cruises aboard the Disney Wonder they have a Pixar Pals Party– musical meet-and-greets tarring some of your favorite friends from the Disney·Pixar films.
Couples or Adults can enjoy:
- Senses Spa & Salon is a “Calgon moment” x’s infinity.
- Relax in the adult pool areas like Quiet Cove Pool or Satellite Falls when you’ve had enough of the kids-I get it!
- Nightclubs are a terrific getaway with live music, sports bars, dance parties and karaoke at venues that cater to adults. Meridian, Pink, O’Gills Pub
- You have exclusive adult dining options like Remy on Disney Dream/Fantasy or Palo on all four Disney Cruise Ships.(make ressies before your cruise,very popular)
- Anything and everything is available from Beer Tasting Trivia on the Disney Magic and Wonder to Adult Aerobic Classes to Cabaret shows and Jackpot bingo.
There are so many things to do whether you’re solo, couple or a family, there’s no excuse NOT to have a Magical time on DCL Cruises. Happy Sailing!
Dawn is an agent with Destinations in Florida Travel – remember to book in advance for the best savings – you can check with Dawn at: http://destinationsinflorida.com/agents/dawn-gosdin/ or the Disney cruise line website at: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ for special offers.