Time travel to the Carolina Renaissance Festival where history comes alive with non-stop day-long entertainments, arts and crafts, games and rides, jousting knights on horseback, feasting and so much more! Each day inside the 25 acre Village of Fairhaven is filled with an abundance of attractions and entertainments for all ages. Enjoy your best day out in history 8 consecutive weekends, Saturdays and Sundays, October and November. Details online at Carolina.RenFestInfo.com
My readers get to save with your visit! FREE Child Admission! – Receive one FREE child admission for children age 5 – 12 with purchase of one full price adult ticket at Festival gate. Children under 5 are always free. Coupon is valid at the Festival ticket booth!
What is it?
The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a medieval amusement park, an 12 stage theater, a 25-acre circus, an arts and crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast – all rolled into one non-stop, day-long family adventure. Event Daily Happenings:
- Twelve stages featuring comedy acts, acrobats, medieval musicians, singers, dancers, storytellers, magicians and puppeteers – performing continuously for 7 ½ hours each day.
- A tournament arena where skilled stunt riders, outfitted in suits of armor, ride their horses into battle during three jousts each day.
- Hundreds of costumed characters.
2) Arts and Crafts:
- Our 25-acre village is filled with over 100 open-air, storybook shops and medieval tents. Crafts include: clothing, armor-making, pottery, glass blowing, stained glass, elegant jewelry and more.
- Many artisans demonstrate of their handiwork throughout the day, using tools and techniques that have been handed down through the centuries.
- Kids and adults will enjoy the challenges of archery, ax-throwing, castle-storming, and climbing Jacob’s ladder.
- They can also go on human-powered rides such as da Vinci’s Flying Machine, Voyage to the New World and the Swan Swing.
- This is the place to toss tomatoes at the surly fools locked in the stocks at “Vegetable Justice”.
- The Royal Kitchens serve a vast feast with giant roasted turkey drumsticks, steak-on-a- stake, pizza, bread bowl stews, salads and more. The Monk’s Bakery, the Cappuccino Inn and the Chocolate Shoppe tempt you with a variety of unique desserts. Pubs serve beer and wine.
Dates: The Carolina Renaissance Festival runs every Saturday and Sunday, from October 3rd through November 22nd.
Hours: 10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday rain or shine.
Location: Just north of Charlotte between Concord and Huntersville on Highway 73 at Poplar Tent Road (between I-77 and I-85). Exit 25 on I-77 or exits 52 or 55 on I-85.
Parking: FREE courtesy of Harris Teeter.
Advance Discount Tickets: $23 for adults, $11 for kids ages 5-12, available at Harris Teeter Stores regionwide. Children under 5 are always free. Tickets purchased at the gate are $1 more. Senior (60 and over) and Adult Military discount tickets with Military ID) are $21 at the gate. Child dependents of military personnel are $9. Tickets are also available for purchase online at RenFestInfo.com
Special Offers & Events: Each Festival day is filled with non-stop antics. In addition, a variety of special events and discounts may be offered unique to each individual Festival weekend. Visit the Special Event page at RenFestInfo.com for details. Facilities for Disabled Guests: Designated parking for disabled guests is located by the front gate. Parking attendants will direct permitted vehicles to these spots. Disabled adapted portable toilets are located in each privy area. Wheelchairs, wagons and strollers are available for rent at the costume rental shop located just outside the Festival gates.
Visitor Information: Visitors should call (704) 896-5544 or toll free (877) 896-5544. Visit the Festival web site at RenFestInfo.com.