Sharing is caring!
Food is one of the most expensive items (after accommodations and park passes) added to any Walt Disney World Resort vacation. Contributor Julia has compiled her money saving tips for eating in each park for a bargain – be sure to check back next week for Eating in Epcot for $14.99 and Under.
Here are some ways Julia beats the high cost of food when visiting the Magic Kingdom:
I often order kid’s meals at quick service locations. They are more than enough food and much less expensive! Don’t forget – some snack or desert items are HUGE and can be a special treat to have desert for lunch!
For some reason, some items cost more in one location than another and I don’t know why. If an item is on the list, it is at the cheaper location (Turkey leg in MK is currently $10.99 but in EPCOT is $11.75 and in AK it’s $14.50 w/chips! Cheese sauce is $1.00 in MK and HS but only $.75 in Epcot). This seems to be the case with some alcoholic drinks too. TIP: EPCOT is the priciest of parks when it comes to food and drinks, but also has some items/drinks you can’t find in other parks.
Information is accurate as of August, 2017.
- Turkey Leg ($11)
Be Our Guest – Lunch
- (Kids meal) Grilled Shrimp with Broccoli and Peach Applesauce ($8.49) and you can add the Master’s Cupcake (Chocolate Sponge Cake topped w/Grey Stuff for $4.99 and still be under $14.99!
Be Our Guest – Dinner
- (Kids meals) – each are served with Seasonal Vegetables and choice of one (1) Beverage and one (1) Dessert for $10.
Pinocchio Village Haus
- Penne Pasta with Marinara served with choice of Fountain Beverage ($7.29)
- Pepperoni Flatbread (Kids’ meal) includes Dannon Danimals Smoothie, GoGo squeeZ Applesauce, and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water ($7.49)
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Beef Nachos (Kids’ meal) – served with GoGo squeeZe Applesauce, Carrots and a choice of 1% Mickey Milk, Small Dasani® Bottled Water, or 100% Apple Juice ($6.49)
- Breakfast Sandwich – Bacon, Egg, Cheddar, and Pepper Jack served on a Multi-grain Croissant ($6.49)
Columbia Harbour House (definitely the best bang for your buck!)
- Land and Sea Trio (Fried Shrimp, Breaded Chicken, and Battered Fish with Coleslaw, served with choice of Steamed Fresh Vegetables, Apple Slices, or French Fries) ($13.99)
- Combination Platter (choose two – Fried Shrimp, Battered Fish, or Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets, served with Coleslaw and choice of Steamed Fresh Vegetables, Apple Slices, or French Fries) ($12.49)
- Original Plates (choose one – Fried Shrimp, Battered Fish, or Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets, served with Coleslaw and a choice of Steamed Fresh Vegetables, Apple Slices or French Fries) ($10.99)
- Vegetarian Chili ($6.49)
- Chicken Breast Nuggets and Fish (Kids’ meal) – (choose one – Fried Shrimp, Battered Fish, or Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets, served with Coleslaw and a choice of Steamed Fresh Vegetables, Apple Slices or French Fries) ($7.19)
Liberty Square Market
- Wide variety of fruit, yogurt, turkey leg, pretzel, chips, hot dog, cookies, trail mix – perfect for a light lunch! ($2 – $11)
- Breakfast Egg and Cheese Waffle Served until noon ($8.99)
- Sweet and Spicey Chicken Waffle Sandwich ($8.99)
- Pretzel Dog with house made chips ($9.49)
- Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich served with Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread ($7.99)
- Funnel Cake topped with strawberries and whipped topping ($7.79)
- Baked Potato Served with Butter, Sour Cream and Cheese ($3.99)
Plaza Ice Cream
- Doughnut Sundae – Glazed Doughnut with Cinnamon-Apple Topping, one scoop of Hand-made Ice Cream, topped with Whipped Cream, Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter Chips, Hot Fudge Topping, Milk Chocolate Mickey Ears and a Cherry ($5.99)
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken – Slow-roasted Rotisserie Chicken served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans ($14.49)
- Kids’ Salad with Turkey (Kids’ meal) – served with Carrot Sticks, GoGo squeeZ and choice of small low-fat Milk or small Dasani Water ($7.19)
- Pulled Pork Bahn Mi – Hoagie Roll filled with Asian Pulled Pork topped with Pickled Vegetables and a spicy Sriracha Aïoli served with Apple Slices or House-made Chips ($11.29)
- Rocky Road Brownie ($4.59)
What are your money saving tips when it comes to food at WDW?
Julia and her son are frequent visitors to Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. She admins a great Facebook group for Disney lovers that you can find HERE
You might also find 50 Great Tips for Doing Disney on a Budget helpful for planning a trip to WDW.