New itineraries for adventurous travelers unfold in the Ecuadorian Amazon and America’s most beloved locations
Leading travel operator Adventures by Disney continues to bring the world’s greatest stories to life with the introduction of three new unparalleled itineraries for 2015. Each itinerary is designed to bring families together in ways they never thought possible. Starting May 21, 2014, adventuresome travelers can book an enhanced Ecuadorian trip that now includes the Amazon, as well as the Galapagos, while families looking for a shorter getaway can opt to visit some of America’s beloved cities with new Long Weekends itineraries featuring New York City and San Francisco & Napa.
Starting in 2015, Adventures by Disney will begin running an amazing new ‘double-bucket list’ itinerary, taking families into the adventurous paths of the Ecuadorian Amazon. This trip not only travels through the Amazon region, but it also explores the Galapagos Islands, proving to be the most adventurous trip announced to date.
To add even more excitement to the magic, Adventures by Disney is also launching all-new Long Weekends trips, initially featuring two itineraries: New York City and San Francisco & Napa. These four-day weekend getaways provide guests with a break from the everyday to explore some of America’s favorite locations in a new light. The only planning guests need to worry about is which trip to choose first. These mini-vacations make it easier for friends and families on the go who want to enjoy the most out of their free time
Ecuador: Amazon & Galapagos Islands
The new 12-day, 11-night Ecuadorian adventure, featuring the Amazon and Galapagos Islands, journeys through the most untouched, bio-diverse areas of the world. Guests can immerse themselves in the local culture and discover the incredible wildlife indigenous to these areas with thrilling activities, including:
- Four-night river cruise on the Anakonda riverboat to explore the tropical rainforest
- Three-night stay at the lovely beachfront Finch Bay Hotel in the Galapagos
- Privately guided daytrip to a neighboring island to encounter amazing wildlife
- An exploration of the historic colonial city of Quito (UNESCO World Heritage Site) with visits to local markets, artisan studios and one of South America’s most beautiful Spanish cathedrals
- Hands-on cooking class with a local chef, paired with a special Ecuadorian chocolate tasting
- Exclusive, immersive activities with the local community to authentically experience the culture and history of this region firsthand
Long Weekends: New York City
The New York City tour is a dazzling four-day, three-night vacation to one of the most exciting cities in the world. Guests who book this tour will experience some of the best that New York has to offer with VIP access and special activities only Disney can provide. Key highlights of this trip include the following:
- Behind-the-scenes visit to Good Morning America
- Hands-on Broadway musical dance workshop
- Visit to the historic New Amsterdam Theatre and a backstage tour offering a hands-on experience with iconic Broadway props
- Enjoy a performance of the Tony Award-nominated hit musical, Aladdin
- Privately guided tour through historic Harlem with a true-blue local
- Hop aboard a dynamic and interactive motor-coach ride for a unique look at iconic sights, such as: Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park and more
- Learn the in-depth stories of what life as an American immigrant was like during an exclusive visit to the Tenement Museum
Long Weekends: San Francisco & Napa
The treasures of San Francisco and the Napa Valley in California are waiting to be explored on this four-day, three-night itinerary. From the hustle-and-bustle of the City by the Bay to the lush, relaxing vineyards of Napa Valley, a collection of unforgettable activities have been accumulated into one vibrant trip. Guests can soak in the culture and local flavors with vacation highlights such as:
- Privately guided tour of the Walt Disney Family Museum
- Guided tour of the Bay, starting in the historic Fisherman’s Wharf and cycling through the Palace of Fine Arts, Fort Point and more
- Visit the Letterman Digital Arts Center (campus of Lucasfilm) with life-sized replicas of Darth Vader and Boba Fett from Star Wars, among other iconic sights
- Excursion to Silverado Vineyards in Napa to indulge in the fine art of wine blending, while Junior Adventurers take part in an olive oil flavoring activity
- Ferry ride across the Bay to Angel Island State Park, which earned the nickname of “Ellis Island of the West”
- Stroll through Muir Woods National Monument, home to the largest coastal redwoods on Earth
- Sample exquisite culinary delights from several of San Francisco’s most celebrated dining establishments
- Stay at the world-renowned The Fairmont San Francisco hotel, which presents an awe-inspiring vista of historic San Francisco
With more than two dozen itineraries visiting exciting spots around the globe, adventurers can visit the places they have always dreamed of with the people who know and understand families best. From exploring storybook villages in Germany on the Austria, Germany & Czech Republic vacation, to visiting the sites that inspired films such Frozen and Brave on the Norway and Scotland itineraries, there is a trip for everyone.
Keeping families’ best interest in mind, Adventures by Disney ensures all itineraries include special programming for Junior Adventurers. With these activities, adults can relax knowing their children are engaged in special experiences designed just for them. As a staple of every vacation, families are accompanied by two Disney-trained Adventure Guides that will lead the way, along with local experts, taking care of every detail so guests can enjoy their vacation to the fullest without any worries or the stress of pre-planning. Adventures by Disney also offers select itineraries that feature adult-only departures.
For more details and to book reservations, guests can call 1-866-543-0865 or contact their travel agent. Those interested in more information on the various itineraries offered and activities included can visit AdventuresByDisney.com.