With the ever increasing prices at Disney parks and Disney resort rooms, planning a Walt Disney World vacation is getting pricier every day. If you are like me, you like to stay in a deluxe resort, but let’s be honest, Disney deluxe resort prices are often out of reach for the everyday budget. We can often find some great deals in deluxe resorts just off Disney property with prices much cheaper then on-site resorts. These deluxe resorts offer rooms starting at the same cost level of Disney on site moderate resorts. Each of my picks offer great amenities and are family friendly. They all offer free shuttles to the parks and each of them have at least one or two great restaurants. Some even offer free breakfast or free kid’s meals. The pools at each of these resorts are beautiful and they each offer additional activities and most have kid’s camps as well. Each of these resorts also offer regular specials that are perfect for some extra savings.
Here are my favorites:
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek: One of my favorites. Reasonably priced and beautiful. Just minutes from Epcot. The resort offers poolside cabanas and a lazy river and access to the spa at the Waldorf Astoria (connected to the Hilton via a convention center). Great for families too offering a water slide and free kid’s meals. Fabulous restaurants on property.
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress: Pool, tennis courts, rock climbing, bicycle rentals and water sports – kid’s camp too! Just one mile from Walt Disney World the resort is beautiful and offers some of the most fabulous restaurants in the area – both casual and fine dining. Great friendly staff.
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek: This resorts offers a great Family Getaway Package that includes kid-friendly add-ons of breakfast, in room movies with pizza and snacks.
- Nickelodeon Family Suites Resort: This resort offers one-, two- or three-bedroom suites with family-friendly perks that include full kitchens, sleeper sofa and even a Nick-themed kids’ room with bunk beds. The hotel’s public areas are super kid-friendly and character dining is offered.
- B Resort and Spa at Disney Springs – actually located on Disney property in walking distance of Disney Springs, this resort offers a great pool, family suites that open to the pool area and a spa.
Do you have a favorite off property resort?