This year marks the tenth year of the Grand Strand’s Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival, taking place Sept. 4 and Sept. 5 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. For this year’s festival, contestants of the official barbecue championship of South Carolina will compete for cash prizes, totaling $9,500. Admission is free both days of this Kansas City Barbecue Society (KCBS) sanctioned event.
- Wing Competition and Tasting – 6 p.m. until samples are sold out. – Barbecue cook teams will be competing, and the public can purchase wings from the barbecue sales tent.
- Live Entertainment on The Main Stage – 6 to 9:30 p.m. – Get ready for a great line-up of entertainment and dance to some of your favorite music! Bring chairs and blankets (no coolers allowed). Main stage, corner of Emmens Avenue and Crabtree Lane. Free to the public.
- Beer and Wine Garden – 6 to 9:30 p.m. – Enjoy cold beer and wine selections at the newly expanded Beer and Wine Garden.
- Corn Hole Competition – Noon to 4 p.m. – Only $10 to register a team of two/$5 to register one player. Registration and warm-ups begin at 10 a.m.Cash prizes include a cash payout of 80 percent of entire pot to 1st place, 20 percent of entire pot to 2nd place (hosted by Coastal Tailgating).
- Kansas City Barbecue Society (four meat categories) – Noon to 2 p.m. – Barbecue cook teams will be competing in the official barbecue competition of South Carolina in four meat categories – pork, ribs, brisket and chicken. More than $9,000 in cash prizes at stake and a lot of bragging rights. Come watch as teams prepare this savory food and turn into the judges. No public sampling.
- Myrtle Beach Car Club Cruise In– Noon to 3 p.m. – Registration and load-in begins at 10 a.m. on Crabtree Lane. For more information, call Cecil Chandler at (843) 742-9802.
- Beer and Wine Garden– Noon to 10 p.m. – Enjoy cold beer and wine selections at the newly expanded Beer and Wine Garden.
- Live Entertainment on The Main Stage – Noon to 9:30 p.m. – Come back for another great line-up of entertainment and make sure to have your dancing shoes! Chairs and blankets are recommended (no coolers allowed). Main stage, corner of Emmens Avenue and Crabtree Lane. Free to the public.
- Announcement of Official S.C. Barbecue Championship HGTC Culinary Institute check presentations – 5 p.m. – Learn which competitor will earn the Grand Champion title and which competitors will receive prize money. Main stage, corner of Emmens Avenue and Crabtree Lane.