This is my personal “top ten” list for romantic activities while visiting Walt Disney World®. I hope you savor quality time with your significant other and enjoy some of my favorite romantic endeavors or explore some of your top ten!
- Drop the kiddos off at the Neverland Club located at Disney’s Polynesian Resort and never look back, not kidding, lol. Stay on the premises and have din din at Kona Café, then drop by the Tambu Bar for a dessert of sorts- preferably a Pina Colava. Next, head towards the beach and grab a cozy hammock for two, just before the start of “Wishes.”
- Senses Spa – at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort– it’s a great place for a couples massage. It could be just what the vacay ordered-a relaxing atmosphere for both. If you’re staying at the Poly or Grand Floridian it’s just a relaxing stroll away. Ressies call (407) 939-7727
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides at Port Orleans Resort or Fort Wilderness Campground $45 per carriage for 25 minute ride or try a Holiday Sleigh ride decorated with lights & Garland during the month of December from Fort Wilderness Campground for $64, they fit up to 4 adults (or 2 adults and 3 small children). Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance by calling (407) 939-7529.
- Golf at anyone of the four Golf Courses- Palm and Magnolia being our favorite courses. You can spend quality time with beautiful scenery & quiet surroundings & don’t forget the lovely golf cart hostess; they will deliver your spirits while you work up a thirst. Also enjoy lunch/dinner or lite snack whilst there. If interested call 407-939-4653 & reserve a tee time.
- Disney’s Boardwalk area screams for a romantic stroll. Located here are quaint shops, restaurants & delightful street entertainment. Make sure you check out Jellyrolls, a popular dueling piano bar with jovial audience interaction.
- Try Victoria & Albert’s at The Grand Floridian or California Grill at The Contemporary Resort, if you need a more royal atmosphere-with a park pass try Cinderella’s Royal Table for dinner, if it worked for Cinderella it should work for us, right?
- Spend the day doing one of my family’s favorite things-basking in the sun at your Resorts pool, Beach or Cabana.
- Downtown Disney® has great nightlife and a terrific vibe for couples young and old. Located on the West Side is Bongo’s Cuban Café, it’s hip & full of excitement, what else do you expect from a building shaped like a pineapple? Splitsville is another popular venue-you can challenge your sweetie at bowling or venture over towards Pleasure Island and try Raglan Road for a little taste of Irish and live entertainment.
- Jump on-board Walt Disney World® water taxis or ferryboats from the Magic Kingdom® Resorts over to Fort Wilderness Campground or Port Orleans Resorts to Downtown Disney®. Enjoy a relaxing boat ride with your loved one while soaking in the sights and sounds of the most magical place on earth.
- Grand 1 Yacht would be AWESOME, if you have the moola, holds up to 18 guests or just the two lovebirds. Depending on how much coinage you want to spend, you can partake in total luxury with a butler and private dining or chillax and view “Wishes” with audio piped in for added enjoyment.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Editors Note: Dawn is an agent with Destinations in Florida Travel, the official travel agent of The Adult Side of Disney and will always provide you with a free, no -obligation quote to get you started on your next Disney vacation. Click ***HERE*** to get a quote.