As the parent of a food allergy sufferer, I am always on the look-out for new products that my daughter will be able to eat. She suffers from multiple food allergies and it is often difficult to find something that is “safe.”
I recently found an on-line product – PapaSteves.com that advertises Wheat Free (Yeah!); Gluten Free (Yeah!) along with Soy Free, no Refined Sugars, Dairy Free/Vegan Options and 100% Fresh Handmade! We are always willing to try something new so I arranged to get a sampling of the products.
Because these are completely fresh, made to order, with no preservatives – each bar has a “use by” date. These are not the type of bar you can buy in bulk and keep in the pantry. The snack bars are:
- Real ingredients (as in all natural, no franken-foods or chemicals)
- High quality high protein (not junk-quality protein!)
- No Refined Sugars or Brown Rice Syrups, no artificial sugars or sugar alcohols.
- Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Soy Free, GMO Free,
- Raw and Real Food without Brown Rice Syrup in top ingredients.
The bars are made by the founder and his family by hand, in a certified kitchen. Each bar is hand-crafted, and the company follows all food and safety regulations. The company is certified by the National Registry of Food Safety Professions. Located in California, the products are sold on-line and carried locally in Golds Gym, Venice CA/Pasadena, Whole Foods, Venice, Fairfax and West LA and Brentwood, Pilates Studio City, Grace Anatomy Studio and many local neighborhood dance studios.
The bars come in:
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Choco Chip Raw Protein Bar
- Peanut Butter Choco Chip Raw Protein Bar
- Almond Coconut Crunch Raw Protein Bar
- Cranberry Almond Crunch Vegan/Dairy Free Raw Protein Bar
- Apple Cinnamon Crunch Raw Protein Bar
- Blueberry Almond Crunch Raw Protein Bar
- Dairy Free Banana Nut Crunch Raw/Vegan Protein Bar
- Choc. Coco Crunch Raw/Vegan Protein Bar
- Choc. Cherry Crunch Vegan/Dairy Free Raw Protein Bar
My daughter sampled 6 different flavors and found each to be delicious, fresh and a perfect start to her day before hitting the gym. She was more partial to (and her favorite was) the Peanut Butter Choco Chip Raw Protein Bar with the Almond Coconut Crunch running a close second.
I am happy to say – not one allergy reaction and she found the bars to be a perfect fit for her.
The product mentioned was provided to the blogger free of charge – however all opinions are my own!