Heading out on a cruise soon? Here are Dawn’s thoughts on what to bring and prepare!
- Pack a Multiple Power Strip (some cruises don’t allow this, so check with specific cruise line)
- Grab your cellphone charger~ even though you probably won’t use your cellphone on your cruise (expensive) but other capabilities like~ alarm clock or calculator function might come in handy. No clocks in stateroom.
- Bungee cords to hold open your verandah door.
- Have a credit card style card like a grocery rewards card to put in the light switch of your stateroom to keep lights on, so you don’t come back to a very dark room (Disney Cruise.)
- Closet “Shoe holder” to use in bathroom to hold liquids, perfume and other items for bathroom, the counter space is limited.
- Bottled water, wine, beer especially on Disney Cruise Line.
- Bottle opener/corkscrew (wine & beer)
- Make sure that your Bank and Credit Card Company are aware that you will be out of the country. They will note it on your account so you aren’t flagged for fraudulent activity, therefore disabling your credit card entirely. Contact your Cell Phone Service as well and please make sure you turn off roaming. Airplane mode doesn’t always fix the problem.
- Seasick/motion sickness oils, pills or wrist bands (Bonine is great) just in case.
- You are not required to have a passport if you’re a U.S. citizen & traveling a closed loop cruise (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) However it would be wise to have one. If for any reason you need to fly home from a foreign port, it’s required.
These are just a few items that are important to my family. Don’t forget whatever you do, relax and have fun! Sail on….
Previously published on http://www.disneygals.com/.