Learn How to Decorate Your Own Mickey Dome Cake at Amorette’s Patisserie
Oh, those gorgeous cakes at Amorette’s Patisserie – if you’ve ever been lucky enough to wander in the pretty shop in Disney Springs while the artists are decorating, it’s a wonder to watch. When I visited in February, I was amazed watching as the cake artist created one of those Mickey Domes. She made it look so easy! So when this new experience popped up on the Disney Parks Blog – I was thrilled!
Now you can learn how to work your own magic with the new Cake Decorating Experience at Amorette’s Patisserie beginning March 31. Reservations opened March 22, and the experience, which must be booked in advance, will be from 8:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. every Friday through May 5.
Sip complimentary specialty coffee, mimosas and bellinis while you work side by side with the pros at Amorette’s Patisserie to decorate your own Mickey Dome Cake. You’ll learn how they seamlessly blend artistry and storytelling in cake design, starting with the elegant glaçage (that’s French for “mirror glaze”) and ending with the finishing touches such as chocolate sculpted ears, tail, belt and buttons – all edible, of course.
Take your cake home to impress your family and friends – it not only looks beautiful, but tastes delicious. Space is limited. The Cake Decorating Experience at Amorette’s Patisserie is another exciting offering from the Enchanting Extras Collection, which allows you to enhance your vacation. Cost is $129 plus tax for ages 10 and up, for one to two guests working on a single cake. A second cake can be purchased for an additional $40. Reservations are available now, and can be made by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dining.
I’m definitely ready to learn how to make one of these cakes!
Pre-Order Specialty Cakes to enhance any special occasion!
To pre-order a cake, call (407) 934-3500 or stop by the shop at least 72 hours in advance. Cake types available for this service include:
- Petit Cakes – Small, delicate works of edible art
- Amorette’s Petit Cake: Red velvet cake with chocolate chiffon, chocolate mousse, cherry mousse, raspberry jelly and Italian buttercream
- Tea Time Petit Cake: Lemon chiffon, matcha green tea chiffon, lemon curd and orange blossom pâte de fruit
- Coffee Time Petit Cake:Gluten-friendly chocolate chiffon, dark chocolate mousse, and coffee buttercream
- Dome Cakes – Whimsical Disney character-inspired or elegant dome cakes exclusive to this bakery
- Mickey Mouse Dome Cake: Chocolate chiffon, milk chocolate mousse and orange blossom pâte de fruit
- Minnie Mouse Dome Cake: Lemon chiffon, white chocolate mousse and strawberry pâte de fruit
- Goofy Dome Cake: Chocolate chiffon, chocolate mousse, caramel mousse and milk chocolate ganache
- Donald Dome Cake: Lemon chiffon, lemon curd, lemon mousse and blueberry pâte de fruit
- Pluto Dome Cake: Chocolate chiffon, peanut butter mousse and banana pâte de fruit
- Amorette’s Signature Cake – Layer cake complete with a beautifully designed “hat box” packaging
- 8-Inch Cake with 11 Layers: Red velvet with chocolate chiffon, chocolate mousse, cherry mousse, raspberry pâte de fruit and Italian buttercream