Caring for Giants Tour at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Review
The Caring for Giants Tour at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a one hour tour that is offered at ten different times throughout the day. The cost is $30 per person and is definitely a fun experience for everyone. All proceeds from the tour go directly to the Disney Conservation Fund.
The group is small (about 12 guests at a time) so it’s easy to ask whatever questions you may have, as well as getting a great “up close” look at the elephants.
The group is led by the animal specialists who provide for the care of the African elephant herd at Animal Kingdom. They gave a great look into their day-to-day responsibilities and provided fascinating information and facts about the elephants.
An African cultural representative shared stories of the conservation efforts by Disney for preservation of the wild animals in their country. Throughout the tour we were able to get a super close look at the elephants!
What I Liked Best About the Tour
This is an ideal tour to take with young kids, teens or even just adults. Children as young as 4 years old are allowed (of course, all children must be accompanied by an adult). The educational experience partnered with seeing the elephants up close is amazing.
The cost is not overly expensive. At $30 per person, it is well worth the cost for the experience.
We learned all about the herd that lives at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and how the herd interacts with each other. We even got to see a baby!
The timing is ideal. At one hour plus the 15 minute prior arrival window, the time doesn’t interfere in a huge way with your day. I booked the first tour in the morning. Since the kiosk and return spot from the tour are right next to Kilimanjaro Safari, I also booked a FastPass for the safari ride to coincide with the end of the tour.
Current Tour Schedule
Know Before You Go
- You will be approximately 80 to 100 feet away from the elephants during this experience.
- Please keep in mind that this is an outdoor experience. Be sure to check the weather forecast and dress appropriately, including wearing comfortable shoes.
- No cameras, video equipment or cell phones may be used while backstage. However, photography is allowed and encouraged in non-backstage areas.
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating adult (18 years of age or older).
- Guests must be 4 years of age or older to participate.
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to start of experience at the Curiosity Animal Tours kiosk, located across from the Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction entrance. Late arrivals may not be able to join the experience.
- Itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
- You will forfeit the entire price of this experience if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.
- For information about service animal policies for this experience, please call the Guest Animal Experience team directly at (407) 938-1487.
- Non-transferrable wheelchair guests may remain in their wheelchair throughout this experience; however due to limited capacity onboard the backstage transport vehicle, all accommodation requests should be confirmed by calling (407) 938-1487.
- Guests using an ECV must leave their mobility device onstage where they will retrieve them upon conclusion of the experience. Guests must walk by themselves, or be assisted by a member(s) of their party in a courtesy wheelchair to participate in this experience.
- This experience visits outdoor areas containing common allergens such as dust and hay, as well as biting/stinging insects.