The Michael Garman Museum & Gallery is located in Old Colorado City. Also, it is in the national historic district in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Michael Garman is a sculptor who captures people how they work and live. Therefore when you walk inside the Micheal Garman Museum and Gallery, you will find many sculptures for sale at reasonable prices. There are firefighters, police officers, and linemen, and much more.
- Length: 1 mile, but climbs 2,000 vertical feet.
- Duration: Under 30 minutes to over an hour or more depending on your fitness level and pace.
- Trail Difficulty: Difficult
- Recommended for: Physically active, not ADA accessible
- Cost: Free
- Parking: Parking is recommended within parking lots along Manitou Avenue- Then hike up Ruxton Avenue. Parking is limited and difficult to find along Ruxton. It is highly recommended to take the free shuttle service during the dates of May 18 – Sept. 24.
- Dogs: No dogs allowed on the Incline
- Hours of use: Dawn-Dusk, no night use permitted; Beginning October 31, 2016 Hours of Operation will be: April 1- October 31: 6am-8pm and November 1– March 31: 6am-6pm
Devil’s Kitchen Picnic Shelter is located off the beaten path at the south end of the Colorado Monument and just outside of Grand Junction, Colorado. The shelter was built in 1941 and designed by Harvey H. Cornell, Jerome C. Miller and Kenneth M. Saunders of the National Park Branch of Plans and Design in 1940. Construction was done by the craftsmen known as LEM’s (Local Experienced Men). They were reputable stone masons of the time with Italian descent. Much of the material for building Devils Kitchen Picnic Shelter came from Rim Rock Drive construction, the road going over the Colorado Monument. It was put on the US National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
- Garden Trail– This is a complementary tour. The trail guides are located in the Fig Leaf Shop in the Wesley house. The journey takes you through the rose garden, butterfly garden, and Tucker Bayou.
- Picnic areas
- Meetings and Retreats
- Picnic or event pavilion